Extra Pair of Waders

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

For the entire summer I've been fishing my waders (right side) have a hole somewhere and my leg gets soaked each and every time I wade. I couldn't find it to try to address it so I sent them back last Friday for repair. Got an email that we are looking @ 4 - 6 weeks and realized I'm gonna need an extra pair of waders ... which will also benefit me down the road.

Do most of you guys have an extra pair?

Any recommendations in the $100 range?

Much appreciated

Well, I retired my last pair when the leaks were still fairly minorl. That pair is my backup pair.

You can get relatively cheap pair, in the $100 range, from Cabelas, Dick's, etc. Some have had luck with the Cabela's branded stuff in that range. I've had pairs of Hodgeman's that I had no problem with, other than longevity.

Another option, if you are thinking of any winter fishing, is to get neoprene's. Then you could have your neopren's for winter and breathables for summer, and they'd work fine as each other's backups. Or get a pair of hip boots, either the cheapo rubber or even a better breathable pair with stocking feet. Hippers come in handy sometimes, especially if fishing small streams.

Basically, just saying that a backup pair can also be the go-to for a slightly different task. Most of us do that with rods. We have our nymphing rod, our streamer rod, our dry fly rod, our small stream rod, our bass and steelhead rod, etc. They are the primary for their purpose, and also serve as backups for other purposes.

Size small in womans obviously

SBeckham wrote:

Size small in womans obviously

Lol ...

Btwn Med/large

search is over.

They leak, take them back.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/48790?feat=waders-SR0&page=men-s-flyweight-ii-stocking-foot-waders&attrValue_0=Olive&productId=848493

Ahh .. good stuff ryguy and I have a gift card to LL bean to boot .. gonna research but this may be a good choice for 80 buck

folec .. got ur pm see reply

Nice thing about LLBean is if they do leak you can take them back and pay for an upgrade if you want a nicer wader. No questions asked on their warranty.

ryguy wrote:

Nice thing about LLBean is if they do leak you can take them back and pay for an upgrade if you want a nicer wader. No questions asked on their warranty.

If they leak will they also exchange right @ the store?

I ask this as I brought the waders (orvis) I had to ship back to the store and they wouldn't exchange. I didn't make a fuss as it was my responsibility to know the full policy per their warranty. I had to send them to Orvis wader repair. Exchanging would've been better and easier.

I've replaced one pair already at their store. They keep records of your purchases so it was really easy to do the exchange.

Like that policy

I usually don't have two pairs of chest waders at the same time as I usually take them to the total loss stage. I just replace them when they get to that stage. I have a pair of cheapo hip waders for really brushy small stream stuff where I don't want to risk tearing up the more expensive chest waders.

Just bought Bean Kennebec's and they're darn impressive out of the box for the $150 I paid for them. Maiden wade will be this weekend.

I found hodgmanns on sale at Ollie's for $50. I bought two pairs. One for backup and another for work, which will inevitably be a 2nd backup.

I'll second LLBean's waders- any kind. So far they haven't been as rugged as I'd hoped (heck.. the Kennebac waders I currently have are on their THIRD PAIR THIS YEAR), but the small issues I had were still enough for me to return the pair for a shiny new one (when I'm paying over 200 for a pair I want them to work down to the laces). These new waders cost me about 50 bucks because I sent in my old leaky pair for the $190 credit.

So- build issues can be a problem, but with a lifetime warranty (actually a satisfaction guarantee instead), you can always upgrade for a few bucks. At worst I've paid 7 bucks shipping to turn in a year old pair.

Don't let me scare you- buy LLBean for waders. You will always wear your waders out. That's a given. This way you never lose that initial equity.

Back