Dare I ask..........

littlelehigh

littlelehigh

Saw the phone # for the spinline but can't find any readable info on the distance you can expect from it or it's price.

So I ask..... and please don't belittle me you will not find me sneeking in behind you on your local FFO section telling you I'm perfectly in line with all regulations as I hop around dodging the rocks you are heaving my way.

But anyway does anyone else do this in extreme conditions. The situation I have is I fish a large stocked pond in late May and by this point the trout are tired of worms, powerbait minnows etc. and it has an amazing caddis hatch (so amazing to me anyway fish come clear out of the water for the hatch.) I really would like to find a way to get a #10 or #12 Caddis out there and sit on top to see if I can get a take. I need to be able to cast it max distance that you nomally get from a spin rod ( 80ft I'm guessing????) and a conventional fly rod obviously will not cut it nor is there enough room to cast it with the overhanging trees.

Any ideas I tried a bobber and fly but the bobber tangles the line at that distance and with the 3' between bobber and hook. Could I some how attach fly line to 4lb. test with a bobber above the fly line to avoid tangles???

There is a small lake at RB Winter State Park where the trout congregate in the middle and can't be reached by most fly casters of even most spinning fisherman. Several guys have conquered it by using large wooden bobbers on spinning gear and a three foot tippet off the bobber with a weighted wet fly. they launch the bobbers out into the middle (the lake is about 4 acres) and let it drift.

This is what you need.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0000022114624a.shtml

never saw any of the guys that use them get a tangle.

fly>>>>>>leader>>>>knot>>>>>bubble (with or without water in it) Of curse I've only seen it fished with dry flies on lakes.

And you would still be missing the fly reel part of the regs on FFO water so I don;t think anyone can begin to claim that.

Sweet I never thought any one would reply to this thread thanks for that link Tom. Next time I am at Cabela's I will pick up a couple.

Try a small fur ant behind the bubble. They murder them on scott's run lake with a size 18. I've considered being a vagrant and putting a spinning reel on my fly rod to throw bubbles there before, mainly because I don't have a noodle spin rod.

Jay, the only freshwater spinning reel I own is on an cheap old fly rod I bought in college.

Like a lot of lakes...private boats may not be allowed. I know if I could get a float tube on my local lake (county park, rental boats only) I could catch a ton more fish.

Exactly no kind of water craft can be used until June 15 (first day of bass season) I was thinking of attaching a line to a model airplane.

Ever see this video... kids catch a fish on a remote control boat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-zs2G6IIc

Back