Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Center Pin Rods and Reels

From Plymouth Meeting
You are casting the weight if you have 2 bbs on there and chuckand duck. The shot/whatever outweighs whatever line you have past the tip.

I agree with the sentiment that there are azz out there no matter how you fish. Labels are annoying me more and more. Just creates unnecessary division and angst, should be uniting for clean water etc...

Posted on: 2011/6/16 12:14

From North Central PA
I saw a bumper sticker in Girard that said "Erie "heart" centerpinners"

Love it!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:03

to teh original poster:

If you would like to meet a centerpinner, they usually hang out at bathrooms at rest areas or public parks. They can also be found hanging out around middle schools, but they really aren't supposed to be there. The hardest thing about pinning?? Telling your parents you're gay!!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 13:54

Quote:

moon1284 wrote:
to teh original poster:

If you would like to meet a centerpinner, they usually hang out at bathrooms at rest areas or public parks. They can also be found hanging out around middle schools, but they really aren't supposed to be there. The hardest thing about pinning?? Telling your parents you're gay!!

really? very mature and well played i applaud your efforts.

Now if you pull your head out of your ass maybe you can make a useful contribution to the thread or the board.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 15:16

From Minglewood
Giggle!

Posted on: 2011/6/16 15:20

From SEPA

I admit, I'd like to see it in action. I don't think its a style of fishing that I'd find much fun, but from what everyone says its highly effective.

I think someone (tilt?) nailed it when he said people are just jealous they don't get 100' drifts with a fly rod.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 16:17

From Jonestown, PA
I've never seen anyone with this set-up while out fishing.. although it looks fun, I'll admit. Don't understand why its getting such a bad rap... sounds like it the person fishing not the outfit they fish with kinda deal...

Posted on: 2011/6/16 16:40

just busting chops... but there is nothing worse than getting to a gl trib and watching a pinner drift bait where I want to fish.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 16:55

From SEPA
Quote:

NCPAtrtbum wrote:
I've never seen anyone with this set-up while out fishing.. although it looks fun, I'll admit. Don't understand why its getting such a bad rap... sounds like it the person fishing not the outfit they fish with kinda deal...

I once witnessed someone pinning Monocacy Creek, all of 25' wide and maybe 2' deep. It was ridiculous, but whatever, I guess. Opening day brings out all sorts of oddness.

I think the biggest issue, and the reason I've heard them cursed before, is a pinner can park himself at the beginning of a prime pool then procede to effortlessly drift down through the whole thing causing a general gnashing of teeth in the other fishers lining said pool.

And as noted, if those guys could do it, they would too.

On pin reels: I'm still confused, drag or no drag? Obviously not while you're drifting, but when you hook up, do you have like a drag you can flip on?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 17:00

From harlansburg
just cast across and snag his line. do that a few times and he will get the message. YA CAN'T GET THE WHOLE POOL IF OTHERS ARE FISHING IT ALSO!!!
oh yeah, reel in his line and cut his bait off. caution, this action may lead to things mentioned in the firearms thread!

honestly, I would have words with the jerk if he contined to drift past where I was fishing. I give people their space and demand the same from others. I don't care what type of equipment they are using.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 17:43

no drag... they fish for steelhead with 4lb test and kings with 8lb test. takes a looong time to land fish. never witnesses a pinner on a non gl trib trout stream, that is perverted.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 17:53

most reels you only have a clicker, a clicker is no way near a drag so you constantly need to apply pressure, it's all about feeling the fish, even more fun when it's a large chromer ripping line out.

As for pinners butting in on you or running their hero drifts, if the room is there sure, go for it. I've experienced the same when i've had people walk in 10 yards or less and start casting their fly rod which gives me 3 choices. A.) run a very very short drift B) High sticking my line and run it for a good 20ft in front of him c.) moving

I made sure to high stick him for a little bit and ended up walking away muttering some words... is what it is.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 18:09

From SEPA
Quote:

Tiltaxp wrote:
most reels you only have a clicker, a clicker is no way near a drag so you constantly need to apply pressure, it's all about feeling the fish, even more fun when it's a large chromer ripping line out.

pro-clickers.

Is the clicker then engagable, so that it will truly freespin when not engaged at all?

Posted on: 2011/6/16 18:22

The clicker can be engaged but all it will do is wear it down over time and weaken it, all it is there to do is stop the freespool enough while moving from spot to spot...

Posted on: 2011/6/16 18:31

From SEPA

Well, hell, so you play the fish off a 100% freespooling reel the whole time?

I'm sold on 'pinning on that reason alone.

Posted on: 2011/6/16 18:33

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com