Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Carrying you net
From Gettysburg
Here's another guy who wears the net high on his back.

One change I adopted is to reverse the hook so that the hoop is at the upper end when hanging and the handle is at the lower end. This helps stabilize the net on your back and will limit (but not completely prevent) the net from swinging around over your shoulders if you bend down.

Posted on: 4/4 16:59

From Lancaster Co.
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
Here's another guy who wears the net high on his back.

One change I adopted is to reverse the hook so that the hoop is at the upper end when hanging and the handle is at the lower end. This helps stabilize the net on your back and will limit (but not completely prevent) the net from swinging around over your shoulders if you bend down.

This is how I do it too. I don't have a magnet just a brass clip that's probably about due for replacement. Every once in awhile the net swings around but most of the time it's out of sight, out of mind until I need it. It's easy to reach back and grab the net handle this way.

Posted on: 4/4 17:28

From New Cumberland
I'm with Fishidiot. I installed my magnet on the "net" end. The handle is an easy grab. But, I find myself leaving it in the car more and more.

Posted on: 4/4 17:50

From LV
I use a net zinger or whatever they call it, and on brushy streams I stick it in the zipper pouch of my vest until I need it.

Posted on: 4/4 18:28

From Bucks County
Never used one but I remember seeing this as another choice............

http://www.smithcreek.co/net-holster.php

Posted on: 4/4 18:50

From PA and NH
Personally, I find I don't need to use a net on stream fishing, I'm just as happy to release them at my feet, I prefer to grab the hook without even handling them if possible. They tend to defeat the purpose of streamlining the fishing experience.

Posted on: 4/4 19:07

I never carry a net, debarb your hooks if you don't already and you can normally pop the hook right out

Posted on: 4/4 19:11

From SE Pa
I've been using this net for several years, works great - never hangs up on brush, super easy to carry and automatically adapts to the size of the fish ....

http://prankpack.com/products/noggin-net

Posted on: 4/4 20:30

From North East PA
I'm with Fishidiot and the others who carry the net on the back with the handle down. I clip the lanyard to the bottom of my sling bag.

I'm still flexible enough to reach over my shoulder and get the handle if it was handle up, but find that handle down is quicker to reach and snags a lot less when brush busting.

Posted on: 4/4 20:48

"Hey, Wait, that rock is moving" - Pat D, Newbie Jam, 3/16/13

I'm in the net end up with the magnet set up on my back. I always have the net with me just in case a big one shows up.

Posted on: 4/4 21:20

From Chadds Ford, PA
Put me in the no net, barbless hooks, no pictures, quick release group. Makes life a lot simpler.

Posted on: 4/4 22:53

From franklin county
Love using a net on larger fish but i have the same problem. On my WJ pack it never feels right and also the cable does get in the way. However, one thing i do notice is if you hook the cable closer to your waist you have less issue on which side you use.

Posted on: 4/4 23:50

From Lititz/Huntingdon
I know nets have their place and I used to use one just about all the time 25/30 years ago but anymore I rarely carry one. Maybe I fish differently than most but if I'm in the water I hardly ever really take a fish out of the water. I guess as I've gotten a few years older I try and cut back on the stuff I carry. Sooo I suppose I traded the net for the wading staff.... Big fish aside and for the pan, why the need for the net?

Posted on: 4/5 10:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZif22PVohg

The four most effective weapons for taking anothers possessions:
4) knife
3) gun
2) lawyer
1) politician

No net for me. I traded a net for a wading staff a fee years back.

Posted on: 4/5 14:33

From So MD/Misplaced Pittsburgher
I like the idea of revising the magnet on the end. Do you just zip tie it on the net.

Posted on: 4/6 21:48

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com