Bucks Bags Pontoon?

cricketontherun

cricketontherun

Anybody ever use a Bucks Bags Extreme pontoon? How do they compare to Scandden, Outcast, Creek Co.? Thanks!

If you were looking to spend $200 on a boat, I'd say Creek Co would fit your needs. I floated with a guy that had one and I was not impressed with the construction of it. Is cover ripped a mile into our float.

Since you've tossed Scadden and Bucks Bags into the mix, I'll assume you're willing to spend a little more for a boat that will last. Outcast & Scadden boats are nice. I have one of each and both are well built. I haven't seen Bucks Bags products in person but have heard good things about them. Looking at their website, they have some very neat products. The "River Ghost" model looks awesome and would be great for shallow water. You mention the Extreme model and that looks very similar to my Skykomish (- standing platform). The thing I do like that Bucks offers is the dual bladder system. That is simply brilliant and could save a long walk dragging a boat or keep you from having a ruined trip. If you're spending $1200 for a boat, it's definately worth $200 more to get the dual bladder pontoons. You'll also want to find out what the frame is made of. Aluminum frames are lighter and won't rust. The steel frame on my Outcast gets rusty and needs additional care to keep it in good shape.

ALWAYS carry a patch kit, pump, duct tape.... you never know what will happen out there. If you don't monitor the pressure on your pontoons during the day, you will end up with a blow out. Just have to keep an eye on them and you'll have a boat that will last forever.

Thanks a lot! I have no experience with this sort or water craft. I did my research, but without testing each one or some advice it still seemed like a craps shoot. Thanks again.

Back