Broke My 3wt Lefty Kreh Because of Sheer Stupidity

fadeaway263

fadeaway263

Learned there really is a difference between a 3wt and 5wt rod and not by casting. Went to move the rod off the roof of my Jeep by lifting the upper section of the rod....snap!!! Weight of the reel was too much. I have done this stupid move many times with the 5wt with no problem. Won't do this again for either rod as I just learned from Senator Mitch McConnell..."There isn't much education to be gained in the second mule kick". That goodness for Temple Fork's guarantee. $25 and they will fix my stupidity.

Welcome to the club of humanity sir ;-) It happens. One thing I LOVE about TFO...you'll have the new rod back very quickly. None of that 4-6 weeks crap.

"high sticking" or to much pressure on the tip is the downfall of most rods. Just loaned a rod to one of my friends after he high sticked his 4oo$ jigging rod and ended up with a 2 piece stick. I thought I'd taught him better than that. GG

Welcome to the club. :)
I broke my tip by trying to pull the line through the guide.
I slid my hand up the tip to grab the leader and snapped it off.
Now I carry a spare rod in case the stupids get me again.

i tried to separate the rod joints with a leatherman's pliars. doh.

See my stream report. Fell forward on into a thigh deep riffle on Penns Creek yesterday and broke my Sage Z-Axis right in the middle of the handle. Already back at the shop for return to Sage and repair/replacement.

S@it happens... didn't forest come up with that saying?

the penns must not like sage this year. it claimed mine too. now I have a two toned rod, need to put sunscreen on the bottom section until the top fades to the same shade of the bottom.

I fell backward into my float tube this past Wednesday just I was trying to disembark it. At the very end of a successful day Stillwater fishing, my feet got stuck in the thick mud as I tried to clear my flipper over the tube. I went back into the tube right back from where I came. Unfortunately, my Ross RX was lying across the mouth of the tube at this point. Second section turned into three separate sections putting a sour end to an otherwise great day of fishing. It's heading back to Ross with a $30 check for replacement.

I broke my orvis on penns this year, hooked into a fish, it broke where the 3rd and 4rd sections meet.

Shame on you fade. You know better and I'll bet you don't do it again.

I installed a 6 rod carrier in my car a few years back. Loaded the car and slid the rods into the carrier.....breaking the tips on bothof them Duh. Still went to Penns and fished the march brown with a 3 weight. That sucked and it took several weeks to get the rods back from sage. That's why I don't use a rack any longer.

"There isn't much education to be gained in the second mule kick". Hahahahaa, I like this one! I feel for ya having experienced the broken rod through an idiot moment, moment.

car windows have claimed 2 tips already. and then 1 trying to remove the fly from the line to close to the tip claimed another.

PennypackFlyer wrote:
car windows have claimed 2 tips already. and then 1 trying to remove the fly from the line to close to the tip claimed another.
This post certainly does'nt match your signature line! LOL Be careful with those fly rods my friend.. :lol: :p

Back