Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bass Pro Shop

From Lewistown
Anyone have any experience with the BPS Brand fly rods? I will be purchasing an 8wt for Salmon/Steelhead. Since I am only going to use it 1 or 2 times a year, and have 85 bucks in gift cards I was leaning in that direction-in the $100 range.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/4/10 12:21

Re: Bass Pro Shop

From York
bdfish,

I was just there this past weekend, and for that price range you could get a TFO which I hear are pretty decent rods.

Posted on: 2008/4/10 12:40

From Lewistown
Yeah, they seem decent. I will have to head down to the store and check them out too.

Posted on: 2008/4/10 13:19

From Carlisle
I have a white river rod, but mine is a 3wt, so it's not exactly comparable, but so far I like it a lot. I'm not sure how they compare but my steelhead rod is an $85 Cabelas rod and that thing has held up real well.

Posted on: 2008/4/10 14:52

From Westmoreland County (near fairgrounds)
I don't think you need to spend a lot on a steelhead rod. Maybe the reel, but not the rod. If this is mostly for steelhead you may want to go for a 7 weight. I fish a Gander Mountain Guide Series 6 weight rod for steelhead, and it works just fine. I do occasionally wish for the extra landing power of a 7 weight. I have not fished for salmon.

Posted on: 2008/4/10 20:55

From Lewistown
It will be used for salmon for sure. Pulaski in October. I caught a a couple and one pretty big one on a spinning rod last year and I think an 8 wt. is what is probably needed for them, but I would like to go for steelhead too, I have just never gone yet. I don't want to spend alot, my girlfriend already knows what I spent on my trout rod. I would like to get another Sage but I can't explain that to her, she would kill me.

Posted on: 2008/4/11 7:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com