Am I crazy...Eagle Claw Featherlight!?

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

So I was at the local bass tackle mom and pop store near me and saw an eagle claw featherlight 6'6" 3/4 weight and I think I fell in love...glass rod for $26! Here is my question...the paperwork on the shrink wrap says this is a 3/4 but the blank says 5/6...does anyone use this rod just for kicks and if so, what line do you use? Thanks!

Everywhere I have looked indicates the 6'6 is a 4/5 wt and works best with a 5wt line. I just picked up the 7 5/6wt and am gonna throw a 6wt line on there....seems the rods like the heavier end what they can hold.

I have the 6'6" and use a Martin 61 with 5wt line on it. It's been my go-to small stream rod this year. It's a lot of fun, casts well, I love it.

Look at all you glass fanatics, I'll admit their great for bass, I've yet to try them for trout though. ;-)

any trout worth catching would never bite any fly that wasn't delivered by any rod other than a sage.

at least that's what marketing wants us to believe!

bikerfish wrote:
any trout worth catching would never bite any fly that wasn't delivered by any rod other than a sage.

at least that's what marketing wants us to believe!
Include Loomis, Winston, Orvis, Scott,Hardy and any others I may have forgot. ALL the marketing leans that way. I must admit though I do pretty well with my Sage rods. LOL.

It's more than affordable, it cast's and you can play a fish with it. Why not?

Enjoy. I'd guess a DT 4 wt or a WF 5 wt line should work.

Back