Allen Fly Fishing - Holy Crap!

gaeronf

gaeronf

Recently I started a Fly fishing club at my school. The school didn't provide us any funding. So, we had to look around and try to scrap up some stuff, with an occasional donation. I had sent an email to Allen Fly Fishing, asking if they would be willing to donate a fly box...and let me tell you, they did. Justin wrote back pretty quickly asking 1 question, what was my address. I gave him my address and behold, a box stuffed with fly fishing stuff in the mail. I opened it and was completely shocked. He was so generous I couldn't believe it. I think he is this site's sponsor(?) but I just wanted to say thank you so much! Here is what he donated: 13 fly boxes, 3 leader wallets, 9 nippers, 3 net keepers, 3 zingers, and 7 hook sharpeners.

P1170824a_zpse0566726.jpg

He really went above and beyond and I can't thank him enough.

I ordered an Allen trout reel. It took a while to ship so Justin sent 2.

No FLY RODS? NO REELS? BOO ALLEN!!! Nah I am just kidding. Those guys are pretty generous... they sent me a prototype of a reel to use that they have not come out with yet but are in the process of finalizing. I thought that was pretty nice of them. My experience with them has been pretty good as well Gaeron.

Kudos to Allen!

That is awesome. Allen has always provided me with good customer service as well. I have a couple of their reels and I don't have any complaints.

Ditto. All the reels I own are Allen and are great products. He's got a great company and his customer service is top-notch. It's been interesting to follow their progression from their "early" reels to the latest releases.

Do you need Rods and Reels?

caveman wrote:
Do you need Rods and Reels?

I think as of right now everyone at least HAS some sort of fly rod. However, some people's rods are a little heavy for the smaller streams around us. I will PM you.

that was a class act.

i'll throw a few bucks their way some time by way of a thank you.

Awesome!

I can attest first hand to the generosity of the members of this forum. This is a further example of the amazing community we are a part of.

Happy New Year everyone, and Thank you all for your generous contributions of time, goods and services. I hope it comes back to everyone many times over.

*raises glass*

Here's to a successful and prosperous 2013 for all!

Nice job by the folks at Allen and nice work by Gaeron to get the club started.

hack wrote:
*raises glass*

That's what Allen needs! Glass rods. You're a stand up company, Allen! Just get some glass and I'll gladly buy more rods from you!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
hack wrote:
*raises glass*

That's what Allen needs! Glass rods. You're a stand up company, Allen! Just get some glass and I'll gladly buy more rods from you!

+1

Nice job by the folks at Allen and nice work by Gaeron to get the club started.

I second this. Huge kudos to Allen, and to you to start the club!

Gaeron do you guys need any fly lines? I have a $25 gift certificate to Ryfyguys Risen fly company. I could purchase two lines and send them your way? Let me know, because I believe the sale is over tomorrow on them.

Wow, thanks everybody for the support! This is a great group of people we have here. If anyone is interested, the website (in progress) for the club is www.dvflyfishing.wordpress.com
Thanks again you guys, you all are awesome! Happy New Year!

What a great sponsor! It's nice to see someone who is a sponsor on this site caring for the members. I see too often where people sign up on sites as a sponsor that care less about people on the forum. I will be shopping at Allen Fly Fishing in the near future!

I purchased my first blank from AF. They helped me a lot in the decision making process and I am happy with my purchase and I will use them again!

That's awesome that he helped you guys out, but there is definitely some QA issues that need to be figured out, most notably the clutch bearings in some reels. Having a reel free spool when you try to pull line out is a drag.

Hi gaeronf, Thanks for your kind words! If you plan on visiting the Somerset Fly Fishing Show or the Lancaster show. Make sure you stop by our booth to say hi.

Thanks

Justin

Back