Allbright A5 8"6 5wt

atlantisboy911

atlantisboy911

Thinking of getting the 8"6 5wt and wondered if anyone has one , I have read the reviews posted and it looks like a good stick.

Thanks in advance.

'

check out the "buying direct" thread. It's covered a bit in there. Looks like a good rod, I've been interested in getting one too. Can't beat their prices.

The 9 foot A-5, 5 weight placed very well in the Yellowstone Anglers 5 weight shootout against other rods such as Winston, Sage, Loomis, Orvis, TFO, etc. Google "5 weight shootout" and you should get the link to yellowstone anglers.

the link is on albright's website too.

Goldenfly has an 8 wt A5. They are nice. . . especially for the price, and are high quality. You could probably PM him for details.

I was casting his rod for a few minutes on Elk last Sunday.

They are real fast action (stiff) and his rod is slightly heavier than mine in weight.

I have a Sage Launch 8wt. . . the launch is nice for about 175$ right now.

I'm also contemplating the A-5 7'6" 3wt and a reel..... Decisions decisions...

Any personal experiences with there reels guys?

PM golden fly. Or I will tell him to jump on this post. HAHA.

He has the top reel they sell not sure what it is called but it has the rulon disc drag and comes with a spereate spool for free.
It is very nice. I almost ordered a bugati I think it's called but I held off on it due to my marriage. . .

at $34 I am sure it is worth it.

LL,

I ordered the GPX reel Tuesday and received it yesterday. For $87.50, you won't be disappointed!

I recently bought the discontinued A-5 8wt and GPX reel. The rod, like millertime stated, is fast action. It's a tab bit on the heavy side vs. millertimes sage, which was only to be expected, but a great rod none the less. The GPX reel is a steal for the price. The arbor is huge and the line pick up is excellent. I paid $205 for everything out the door and the rod came with a tube and the reel with a case, as well as getting an extra spool for the reel. I fished with it last weekend and wasn’t disappointed.

Couldn't pass up the Albright 7/8 Bugati reel for $35 and a 9' GP rod at $60. I like the gun metal finish on the reel. It has a smooth reeling action and a strong drag but it is not sealed. We'll see if it was a bargain or a bust on the steelheads this season.

Anyone buy anything from Albright recently? I'm very intrigued... not only are their prices great, but they throw in free equipment if you spend so much money. Can't beat that!

We are testing the GPX reel this weekend. Will post report.

It's lightweight, and 100% machined aluminum. It looks good, and sounds like you are unsheathing a sword when you take the spool off. Drag feels smooth, and the clicker has a good tone to it.

I have no idea how it functions, but so far, so good.

looks like everyone else has the same idea, the gpx 9/10 is sold out. If I hear good reviews that site may be my whole christmas list lol.

I saw on another site that if you buy a 100$ they give you another rod?

what site was the spend 100 $ and get a free rod ? wow

albright,as i recall.Info was on the north georgia trout online under gear talk.Guy said he got a 5wt yellowstone when he bought $100. fyi

yep albrightflyfish.com

spend 100 get a free rod
spend 150 get a free reel
spend 200 get a free nicer rod

it's on their site.

Holy Crap there prices right now are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rod ST leant me is only $37.50 with the sale! :-o I might just have to order one right away!

If you're going to do that, then get the combo. Same rod, with reel, backing, line, tube, rod sock, and reel pouch for $59.99

And if you're doing that, you might as well get that 8/9 combo and come steelhead fishing with us at the JAM!

(just found out my brother in law got that one and will hopefully be testing it out soon)

Back