A Night Fishing Cheater...

B

barbless

http://www.amazon.com/Yukon-Night-Vision-Monocular-Mount/dp/B001VO5O1O

...you know you want one.

Lol........has anyone ever tried them? Would they actually work well enough to see your fly or indy at night?

Attachments

• Night Vison Googles.jpg
    Night Vison Googles.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
I believe that ccas said they were using them on the Delaware for night fishing. Given these things work on heat I am not sure how they would work on water.

not heat, ambient light.

gen 1 means completely useless, monocular means its completely stupid.

go out in broad daylight and fish with one eye for an hour, tell me how that worked out for you. i did it for weeks and never got the hang of it.

gfen wrote:
not heat, ambient light.

gen 1 means completely useless, monocular means its completely stupid.

go out in broad daylight and fish with one eye for an hour, tell me how that worked out for you. i did it for weeks and never got the hang of it.

Attachments

• Gary the Pirat.jpg
    Gary the Pirat.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 3
Good grief.

Having spent enough time stumbling through the woods trying desperately not to lose my NODs.....the day I need something like this to fish, I'm through night fishing.

To be sure, I've never been a gadget guy and eschew much of the latest cool techie stuff that appeals to so many fellas. I'll stick with my trusty compass and Delorme maps. Perhaps NODs (night observation devices) are better now but the ones I used had poor depth perception and I couldn't imagine trying to tie knots.

My experiences with them in the marines were just about the same as FI's. I had poor depth perception when wearing them but with practice you will over come this. I have actually thought about doing this since I would never have to worry about fishing behind or near someone and got to love going after those night time big browns and stripers . If you can drive a hummer with them don't see why it can't be done with efficiency.

Back