6 wt fly rod

P

paflyfisherman

I'm looking for a good quality 9'6"- 6wt fly rod. Can be new or used.

I have a Loomis IMX, It was my first rod, it's a 2 piece. I don't use it very much, it probably is more like a 7 weight because it's a very fast action rod. I used it mostly for large water. I have no idea what the value is, I'd have to go on ebay to find out. For the right price I'd throw in the reel.

I have a 9' orvis clearwater 6wt for sale. 100 shipped for the rod.

I am hoping to find a 3 or 4 piece 9' 6" 6wt. Will be using it in windy conditions on Upper Delaware.

I have a friend that thinks a 2 piece always casts better then any other configuration, I don't necessarily agree. The Loomis I have was made with the Delaware in mind, it's caught some trout there in windy conditions. It's also been used on Pine Creek on very windy days. Once caught 20 trout on Pine in those conditions in the gorge.

There's no wind on the Delaware River.

krayfish wrote:
There's no wind on the Delaware River.
Yeah, right!

Very peaceful in April and May. LMAO......if you like trying to present a fly in 3' rollers.

Based on current flows and wind predicted for Thursday, Stilesville to Buckingham would be a half day float. You might even be able to tow a water skier

krayfish wrote:
Very peaceful in April and May. LMAO......if you like trying to present a fly in 3' rollers.

Based on current flows and wind predicted for Thursday, Stilesville to Buckingham would be a half day float. You might even be able to tow a water skier
Or if the wind is blowing the wrong way, you may float upstream.

Well, based upon the limited response I may consider a 9' 6wt. 3 or 4 piece rod. Anyone have one they would like to sell?

Bill,

Throw a WTB post in the swap forum.

Maurice

I have a brand new, never used custom Sage VXP 9' 6wt that I may consider parting with. I would like to cast it in the lawn once the temps get above 50 again to see if I like it or not. I think that I have four 6wts (9' 4pc)..... I might be able to be talked into selling one.

It would be $475-$500 for the vxp. I also have a used st croix legend ultra saltwater version 9' 6wt I might sell. That one would be $260. Either of those interest you? I just ordered a Rio perception line for the vxp that should be here tomorrow. Wanted to see how those two matched up.

Let me know if you decide to sell the Sage. Also, I'm still holding out hope for a 9'6".

Back