2014 Sage Method

Big-Bass

Big-Bass

New 2014 Sage rod...

http://hatchmag.com/articles/faster-pussycat-sage-intros-new-method-fly-rod-series/771706

Article reads: "the new METHOD series produces high line speeds and tight loops for extreme distance and wind-cutting casts"

I thought good casting produced that. Looks like they've got a bunch of the old TCR blanks leftover. There's one ban wagon I won't be jumping on.

Hard to say who makes more outlandish claims about their products - graphite fly rod makers or golf club makers.

Based on all their claims I should be able to cast my entire line + backing by now and my tee shots should be going 400+ yards. Certainly can't be operator error with this technology.

Lonewolve wrote:
Revamped TCX?

It is meant to replace the TCX in the lineup.

So, sort of a TCX w/ the new graphite (Konnetic), but it does have all new tapers.

Plus, given how much faster the ONE was than the Z-Axis it replaced, I'm wondering if the METHOD will be that much faster than the TCX.

greenlander wrote:
Lonewolve wrote:
Revamped TCX?

It is meant to replace the TCX in the lineup.

So, sort of a TCX w/ the new graphite (Konnetic), but it does have all new tapers.

Plus, given how much faster the ONE was than the Z-Axis it replaced, I'm wondering if the METHOD will be that much faster than the TCX.

Much faster than tcx? they should just call it "broomstick", lol.

Perfect rod for wild brookie fishing. Good luck loading that rod. Expect to see a pile of "barely used" ones on eBay once people realize they can't cast it.

jdaddy wrote:
Much faster than tcx? they should just call it "broomstick", lol.

I didn't say it was (obviously I haven't cast it), I'm just wondering. Given that the ONE was, in my opinion, a significantly faster rod than the Z-axis.

krayfish wrote:
Perfect rod for wild brookie fishing. Good luck loading that rod. Expect to see a pile of "barely used" ones on eBay once people realize they can't cast it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wild brookie fishermen aren't in the METHOD's target demographic. :)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.

Please, feel free to describe their target demographic.

krayfish wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you didn't pick up on my sarcasm.

I did. I was just enjoying it.

krayfish wrote:

latest, greatest, fastest crowd. they will likely be younger and certainly will have beards. they will rock simms gear while making fun of blue route mainline orvis guys. they will certainly drink pbr.

i agree the One is much faster than the z-axis. however One is a huge improvement over the z-axis (imo) and not speed for the sake of speed. having said that, maybe they got some of th kinks worked out and this will be a great rod.

I had a tcx and it was great......if you were casting60' or further. Other than that, didn't care for it. In all fairness, I didn't overline it and try it that way. I still have a z-axis which I believe was the best sell rod of all time. It was labeled as 'very fast action'. I didn't think so. It doesn't feel like much more than a medium action to me. It's #2 or #3 in the batting order for me. Maybe I should try a one since it sounds like it's somewhere between a z-axis and a tcx.

For the record....no beard, don't drink pbr and after my last experience, I think you know what I think of the entire Philly area.

Back