Your protege's (childs) flies

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

I got this idea from another thread, I thought it would be nice to see your childrens, niece, nephew,grandson or daughter's (well you get the idea) flies they are working on. We're all proud of the younger guys and gals when they start tying. The top one is my daughter's(11) and the bottom is my son's(13)
kialeighsfly.jpg
Brettsfly.jpg

Neat!

Perhaps in a few years (or less), they'll be posting pics of your flies. :)

Ha ha yes I look forward to that day,and the day they out fish the old man. :) Here's hoping they stay with it...

take them out to fish them they syhould catch something on them i thik i have tied worse when i started

The best part of this is that sooner or later they will be teaching you stuff. I am trying to get my son into it and he seems to enjoy it but he has a problem of pulling the thread too tight and it breaks. I think it's Flyrod Chronicles that features an 11 year old girl Ellie Mae something or other and I'll be damned if she ain't good. That's what I hope for with my son because those little kid's fingers and eyes can do everything smaller than 22's when Dad's eyes are starting to fail.

willscreek wrote:
That's what I hope for with my son because those little kid's fingers and eyes can do everything smaller than 22's when Dad's eyes are starting to fail.
Yes, good point. I'll take advantage of that you can bet! When the day comes they are teaching me stuff it will be a proud father watching his children stretch their wings. It will be good times indeed. :-D

LV,

You should be proud, those flies look better than mine do now and I have been tying for quite a few years now. They look great, and will most definetely catch fish.

I am proud of them,very. And now a word from the tiers...(daughter) thanks:)...(son) Thank you, we go down to our Dad's tying and hunting room for about an hour everytime we get a chance to tie flies. I'm glad to know that our work is paying off. I also like to fish with spinners. I thank you as well. Jack

Back