Wiggle Nymph

atlantisboy911

atlantisboy911

I would like to tie this wiggle nymph but need some help identifying the materials he is using. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-ruygxyJ8&feature=related

atlantisboy911 wrote:
I would like to tie this wiggle nymph but need some help identifying the materials he is using. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li-ruygxyJ8&feature=related

Atlantis,

I've seen this fly tied before. It really looks great. I went thru the video and listed the materials in the tying order on the video:

Gray Ostrich herl (aft: split for tail / fore: to finish the eye)
Variegated marabou (body of abdomen)
Mono fishing line (attach abdomen section)
Variegated marabou (thorax body)
Grouse tail (wing pads)
Pheasant body (upper thorax) Looks like the butt of a pheasant body feather, but the brownish /grayish end of any feather with a lot of fluff will do.
Gray Ostrich herl (to finish the eye)

HTH

Thanks Afish I really appreciate it. Have you tied it before ? It looks killer!

Afiish nailed it. I sell about 20 dozen GD Wigglers each year. They are killers when fished to risers on Penns. Treat the thorax with floatant, and spit on the arse end to make it sink.

Here's a money saving tip. Intead of using a perfectly good hook on the backend, it's alot cheaper to use these things. Last I bought 'em, they were about a dollar for several hundred. These silver pins also create some flash underneath that marabou that greatly improves the effectiveness. They are available from firemountaingems.com.

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4
atlantisboy911 wrote:
Thanks Afish I really appreciate it. Have you tied it before ? It looks killer!

No, I never tied it. I just guessed on the materials by looking at the video. I actually forgot about seeing that tying video. I had it bookmarked, but I had to reformat my HD a while back and lost all my stuff. It's on my list of things to tie this winter. That would make a great green drake nymph imitation.

One thing that's I use that's different is that I use Fireline instead of mono.

Back