Weighted Nymphs

Timhenning

Timhenning

Anyone know where I could buy weighted nymphs for euro nymphing? Im sick of using split shot and shops I have been in have very limited selection.

Uhhm...are you looking for actual nymps to purchase or you looking to buy tungsten beads to tie yourself?

actual nymphs, I don't tie, I have googled it, came up with things oversea's. would like to find a place within the united states.

Your best bet is to contact a private tyer. However, realize you will pay more for a private order with Tungsten beads. I can recommend a few guys if you would be interested. Pm me if you wish.

With a long night of searching I came up with

if anyone knows of others,chime in.

A virus warning came up when I tried to access those sites. Links deleted. Better safe than sorry.

Afish

Timhenning wrote:
Anyone know where I could buy weighted nymphs for euro nymphing? Im sick of using split shot and shops I have been in have very limited selection.

cabelas

blue quill angler

performance flies

beaverkill angler

Be glad to help ya out when I get back from vaca. If ya call my shop after the 25th, I'll be there.

Jack, he moved to California, can't blame him, he said its a better market. He helped me start tying.

Before I started tying, I used www.bigyflyco.com. I still have some in my flybox and they work well.

Looks like they have tung nymphs for a bit less than a buck, and they do discounts for bulk orders (i.e 5 cents less if you order 6 or more...)

If you pay cents for a fly you get what you pay for cheap hook, cheap material poor thread wraps no head cement. Junk flies made in a foreign country. Like in any sport the better your equipment the easier it is to use. I wouldn't want to trust a $.50 fly to hold up to a large fish.

I agree that its hard to believe a 0.50 fly would be quality, let alone a bead head. I was curious so I took a peek at the site. While I'm sure they catch fish, there are some weird looking flies on that site. I would think the better flies would have been photographed.
I wonder what the price point is for a good quality fly. I never bought them regularly. I starting tying from day one. I came into this sport backwards. It was my interest in tying that drove me into FF.

Beginners, do not tie patterns as shown there.

50 cents a fly does sound like a corner or two are cut, but at 80 cents, I would not be as skeptical. Some shops may use their flies as loss-leaders for bigger, higher profit sales.

Materials bought in bulk can be way cheaper than picking up your tying materials at a re-re-re-seller.

I agree with you Jack I get all my materials in bulk and it is cheaper to tie. Just take a look at the site that was posted above and tell me if you think those are quality flies. It's pretty bad when you can tell from a picture that something's not quite right.

http://catching-shadows.goodsie.com/euro-nymphs

I was happy with every order I got from flystop.

JackM wrote:
I was happy with every order I got from flystop.

Me too. My only complaint is that their parachutes don't hold up very well, and I believe Tim Robinsin had some issues with the wings on some royal coachmans once but I also believe he said the issue was corrected.

I know that the fly stop uses top of the line materials, and receives them in bulk, therefor hes able to sell the flies at a cheap price. I did have a friend use fishingflybox, I think and never received any of his flies and was not reimbursed for the money.

Back