Storing materials

K

Kill3ducks1deer

Where and how do you guys keep your materials stored. My stuff is just a big cluster of packs of hooks and thread and feathers, I really need to find a way to organize it because it actually makes tying harder. Just wanted to know how you guys organize and keep everything.

cheap white pullout storage bins

I use peg board with metal hooks to organize most of materials, hooks, and beads. Then I have a 5 drawer rollable rubbermade container thing I keep all my bags of cdc, hackles, skins ect. The containers have cedar blocks to keep the bugs away.

Tupperware.

Since I'm just getting started, my things are stored in a vintage briefcase. I use a combination of zip lock bags and tupperware inside that.

its quite simple, really

materialstorage.jpg

YEP.

Exactly what I use. Label on front for what's inside, works like a charm. And they're cheap, from wally world.

Now that's organization. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. I also use Tupperware type bins, one of those plastic cabinets with 6 pull out drawers and and a peg rack like you get at a fabric store to store spools of any kind of materials. More smaller bins would definitely give me more organization, but its just a matter of where to store all of them.

Another thing you can do is use quart or gallon size zip loc bags to separate different materials from each other inside each of the containers, doing this really helps to keep you from digging around to much. Because eventually you'll have each one of these stuffed like a sausage. :-D

Back