September issue of PA Angler

barrybarry

barrybarry

Hmmm.....

Attachments

• Trico.jpg
    Trico.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 7
i saw that today, i think it's the recipe for the deer hair mouse from a few issues back.

I think that is a great pattern for the trico hatch.

So do you think some editor is going to get called into someone's office on that one?

I know very little about the tiny bugs, but I know that's wrong in a big way. Funny what will slip through the cracks sometimes.

They must be fishin near 3mile island.

Just use a small amount of white poly yarn. About the length of a matchstick. Anything more is just too much.

I'll have to tie some of these up and head to the little lehigh. Lol. Who wants to fish with a size 24-28 fly anyway. The summer issue of fly tyer had some mistakes in it as well.

A Brookie would still probably eat it (or at least try to) during a Trico hatch.

personally this is my second year truly targeting trout when there is a trico hatch and I think its great. one of the more changeling hatches to fish IMO. they bring just about every fish in the river up and big ones to. last time I was at the LL guy next to me caught a 22 in brown on 8x tippet.

DCap - I noticed that in re: Fly Tyer, with the biggest being near the back when they had the same half page picture listed for two sets of flies. You'd think if you were putting a magazine out once every 3 months, you'd have some better editing, but I guess it might be the printer that was to blame...

It's bi-monthly, but I get your drift. It would be nice to see some other tyers featured as there are a lot of excellent tyers right here in the Commonwealth.

too late or early for April Fools

I paid for a subscription about six months ago and never got a issue

maybe they are just seeing if anyone pays attention to their articles.

Fredrick wrote:
I paid for a subscription about six months ago and never got a issue

Fred, I , errr, there is a guy publishing an awesome saltie fishie wastie chestied minnie magazinie that is one $3.35 per year. ship me, ummmmm, him his mannies and we can be friends forever.

Back