rotary vise? peak vs atlas anvil.

D

DJBerg

Look super simalar in design, same price, which one to get?

Both will work but your better off saving up a few more bucks and getting a Renzetti. Just my 2 cents

Get the peak. It's a great vice that will last you for years, its well assembled, works great and it just plain looks good.

Went through the same thing back around Christmas....wife decided Anvil for me :>

try it BEFORE you buy it!

renzetti traveller gets my vote

Peak sir, no regrets with mine at all, and for the price of those basic renzettis that work no better you can get all the accessories to go with the peak. I have regular jaws and midge jaws for mine, ive went as big as 4/0 on regular, and down to 32 on midges. No movement at all!

delta_dog wrote:
Both will work but your better off saving up a few more bucks and getting a Renzetti. Just my 2 cents

H-A would be proud!

Renzetti here too.

Foxgap239 wrote:
delta_dog wrote:

H-A would be proud!

Renzetti here too.

He's seen the light!

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 40,000 flies have been tied on my Renzetti Traveler, and the jaws look like new. Replaced one "o" ring for 19 cents at the Home Depot. My Traveler was the very first cam model sold in the Lehigh Valley.

You can get the Traveler 2000 again for like $160. It isn't as fancy looking as the anodized version, but it polishes up nicely with some metal polish.

Far better vise than either the Anvil or Peak, IMO. I've tied size 2 to size 32 flies on it, and NEVER had a hook slip.

I've used a Peak vise acquired from the Swap Forum here about a year ago and am pleased with it.
My only complaint is that the vertical shaft is shorter than what I was accustomed to (it's about 8"). I tie on a small table that sits in my lap and so had to design a small extension to get the jaws of the vise up to the height I'm comfortable with. If the Anvil has a longer shaft, you may wish to consider this.
Otherwise, the Peak works well for me and I'm a heavy tier of all sizes from midges to big salt.

Mine is older than Heritage Ed's. It's a Traveler 2000 and it's 20 years old +/-. It's the older screw type, which was later replaced by the cam. I've tied size 4/0 down to size 32 with it, and it works the same as the day I bought it.

Ed wrote: "40,000 flies have been tied on my Renzetti Traveler..."
Wow, that's a whole lotta flies! (that's enough to shoot out a dozen to every registered member):p

afishinado wrote:
Ed wrote: "40,000 flies have been tied on my Renzetti Traveler..."
Wow, that's a whole lotta flies! (that's enough to shoot out a dozen to every registered member):p

I'll take a dozen of your Old Lefty Cress bugs, please! :-D

I have a peak and love it. Great looking and should last me a life time of tying. I got the upgrades like d-handle, midge jaws and the brass screws. You will not be disappointed with Peak.

I have the anvil apex. Great vise, built like a tank. I broke the jaws by over tightening. They replaced them, free of charge. I even offered to pay. Sometimes the customer service can be a deciding factor.

No problem with my Peak. I love it.

wore out the knob on the jaws and upgraded to the cam lever on my old travler. it's a great vise and I use the rotary feature all the time. don't know the others.

Back