Psssst....C'mere

Festus

Festus

Just a wee bit of advice for anyone ordering from them. Call in your order, and ask if the items are in stock. :-(

I bought a bunch of these from them at Somerset, I believe. That was a great deal!

I don't know if I agree with their observation that the #8's are really a size 12-14 hackle.

I don't even place my size 12 100 pack hackle on size 14 flies because of the difference; let alone a 3 size difference.

As a side note, I have seen whiting 100 packs in size 26 and 28.
Crazy small.
I have only saw them listed from a a fly shop in Hawaii, which I found odd.

I don't know what the deal is. I've never seen 100s available in 6s, 8s and very seldom a true 10. I'd snatch those sizes up if I could find them. Usually I find that the 100s run about a hook size smaller than they are listed for.

Maybe a mislabeling problem? I don't know. I know that for that price, which is right at wholesale, I'll sure be able to use them somewhere along the line.

Not for nothing, and the price is good if the sizes were as expressed parenthetically, but why does the headline say 1/2 price, then the text says they normally retail for $16.00. Wouldn't that make the price $8.00?

Festus wrote:
Maybe a mislabeling problem? I don't know. I know that for that price, which is right at wholesale, I'll sure be able to use them somewhere along the line.

I think they were mislabeled. The ones I bought seem to match the "revised" sizes pretty well.

Incidentally, I just saw Whiting 100's at Gander Mountain under a tag that said 24.95! :-o

Gander is the most expensive place for tying stuff.

Usually they mark it over the MSRP.

Back