PaFlyFish Swap 2012

flyfishermanj

flyfishermanj

Guys and Gals,

It's that time of year again, Winter has got somewhat of a grip and the fishing has slowed for most of us. A lot of us are also stocking up our fly boxes for the upcoming Spring. The annual PaFlyFish Swap also takes place this time of year and this year will be no different. I'm thinking of going without a theme this year, tie as you wish. We will also have a cap of 16 tiers, thus the first 16 members to sign up on the this thread are in.

You are only required to tie one pattern, but can submit more if you desire. There is a limit of 16 tiers and the deadline to enter is Saturday, January 28th, 2012. Due date for your entries is February 26th, 2012. Please follow the guidelines and you should have your flies shortly after the deadline or when all entries are received.

You will need to tie as many flies as there are fellow participants. So if we reach the maximum number 16 tiers, you will need to provide at least 15 flies for all other participants excluding yourself. So everyone should tie and receive 15. Also, optional extra flies may be tied for Dave Kile and the Moderators who keep this site running smoothly. It is highly recommended that you include one for Dave, for without PaFlyFish this swap wouldn't be possible.

Flies will be returned in the containers they were mailed in, if possible. Please write your name on your container- If you don’t I will. Keep in mind that the other flies may be larger than yours, so make your container large enough to handle that possibility. Please include a stamped return envelope. Whatever it costs to mail to me, it will cost me at least that to return, so match the postage. To the guys that are doing this for the first time- do not send them in an expensive fly box. I have had flies get lost in the mail in the past. The best type of container is an Altoid tin or something similar. Fly boxes tend to be a little too bulky and usually cost more to ship.

It is nice to provide the other tyers with the fly pattern recipe, instructions, etc. At a bare minimum, provide the materials list for each part (e.g.: Hook: #14; Thread: brown; Tail: Medium Dun Hackle; etc...); preferably, give the recipe, step-by-step instructions, and a short explanation of the use of the fly; it's history, if you want, etc.

Please email or PM me when you have mailed your flies so I can look for them in the mail. I will post on this thread that they have arrived safely. I will PM everyone my email and mailing address once the swap is full or the deadline has passed. If you have any questions just email/PM me or post them on this thread.

JH

I'm game. Fly - TBD.

Im in...my first swap...CANT WAIT! Fly will be "My Foxie Nymph"

Count me in... Fly- tba

I'm in! Fly-Honey woolly bugger, an my 'grey ghost' caddis larve.

PAFF Swap:

flyfishermanj - TBA
zenherper - TBA
wsender - TBA
delta_dog - "My Foxie Nymph"
CRB - TBA
lv2nymph - TBA
Phish_On - Honey woolly bugger & 'grey ghost' caddis larve

JH

I'm tying a freshwater shrimp.

I'm in. I'll tie a caddis emerger.

ill tie fly to be determined

My first swap, too. I'd like to offer the "The Searcher" a dry fly.

I am in as well. Not sure what I'm tying yet.

ive decided ill tie a jelly cord caddis

If there's still room, I'm in.

PAFF Swap:

flyfishermanj - cased caddis
zenherper - TBA
wsender - TBA
delta_dog - "My Foxie Nymph"
CRB - TBA
lv2nymph - TBA
Phish_On - Honey woolly bugger & 'grey ghost' caddis larve
bobbymo - TBA
quillfly - TBA