PA Steelhead Fly Swap???

T

tctrout

I'm unsure if anyone has a swap going right now, but is there any interest in a steelhead fly swap?

I'd be happy to organize; I'll give this post about a week to gauge interest, and then see where it goes from there.

TC

If your putting it together. I'm in for the swap.

Well, there's two of us, Leteras! Let's see if we can get a few more...

Bumping this thread to get some interest.

TC

I have tons of flies ready to go for the swap and a few new ideas for some. Not sure what I want to send yet, that is if some more people join in.

Count me in, count my buddy Tom in as well, his computer is down. What kind of flies are we thinking?

I'm in, not sure of what fly yet but if the swap is on count me in

All right; we're getting a decent number, now. I'll give it a few more days, and then put together the stipulations.

TC

If this is going ahead, i'll tie some Black Gordons

20131010_071136.jpg

If you need another, I am in...I will probably do blue steel ( a pattern by Defrank). How many flies and send me an address.

Boss

This should probably be moved over to the swap and meet up section of the website.

I might do my glow in the dark mysis shrimp. It was killer this spring.

Sounds good...looks like we might have some numbers. I'll get some initial information going and post it this weekend.

TC

The swap is on. I'll try to make this as clear as possible. Being that we have seven people, please send me twelve of the same fly (which means everyone gets two of each other's pattern). Attached to each fly, please include your name/handle and the fly's name.

Please send your flies in something sturdy, so I can return your new flies in that same container. Please also include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

The patterns should all be steelhead flies, usable in PA or NY. These may be wet flies, classic streamers, etc. Please no basic egg patterns or sucker spawn, unless it is a unique twist on the original.

Finally, please have the flies in the mail by October 31, which gives you two weeks to tie and get to the Post Office. Once I receive all of the flies, I will immediately return them. If you are unable to participate for ANY reason, please let me know immediately so I can inform everyone.

For my address, PM me and I will send it that way.

Those that are in this Fly Swap are:

Tctrout
Leteras
Boss_steb
Eunanhendron
Bobbymo
Krott243
Krott243's friend Tom

Any other questions, let me know. Thanks!

TC

Have heard from all but Boss_steb...I'm sure he'll see this thread or my email eventually.

Thanks for getting this going, guys; if you need anything, let me know.

TC

Sorry Guys, I am in and will have my flies sent on Friday.

Hi All:

Flies done and packaged for mailing tomorrow. My fly is the Defrank's Blue Steel Caddis.
Hook: 2457 Scud hook
Rib: Small Black Wire
Flashback is Pearlescent tinsel
Dubbing is Fl. Blue Waspi Steelhead Dubbins
Size 14 dry fly hackle for the legs
Peacock Ice Dub for the Collar

Great video to make it real simple for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9QbaqLRMu8

Boss

Done here as well. Tied a Halloween stone that I made up, produces really well on the Erie tribs for me.

Hook: 3906B Mustad #12
Body: Midge V-Rib Black
Thorax: Peacock Ice Dub
Case: Burnt orange swiss straw
Tail and legs: Burnt orange barred silly legs

Should be in the mail in the next few days.

Glow In The Dark mysis shrimp:
Hook: Tiemco 2457
Eyes: small black glass beads
Feelers: Letera's glow in the dark yarn
Body: Letera's luminous dub glow in the dark dubbing
Ribbing: Letera's pearl metallic braid
Shell Back: holographic tinsel
Thread: veevus 8/0 white

My flies will be mailed tomorrow.

I'm tying the Psycho Prince BH nymph by Mike Mercer; instructions and recipe are in the video:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnLrQ0b9rLQ[/youtube]

Looking forward to getting everything and sending on. Don't forget to include return postage and sturdy container for the flies to be shipped in.

Thanks,

TC

My flies are mailed.

Back