New Flies just off the vise

Leteras

Leteras

These flies just came off my vise let me know what you guys think of them.

Attachments

• new pictures 004.JPG
    new pictures 004.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 19
  • new pictures 003.JPG
    new pictures 003.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 3
  • new pictures 002.JPG
    new pictures 002.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 3
Very nice! Did you put wire inside clear tubing for the bodies?

Yeah it makes great bodies.

Attachments

• new flies 003.JPG
    new flies 003.JPG
    360.7 KB · Views: 3
  • new flies 004.JPG
    new flies 004.JPG
    379.1 KB · Views: 3
  • new flies 002.JPG
    new flies 002.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 6
  • new flies 001.JPG
    new flies 001.JPG
    369.6 KB · Views: 5
Glow in the dark? Amiright

No they don't glow in the dark.

You see these? amirite?

How much would it cost for some that do glow in the dark?

nice and simple. the wire inside the tubing is a very cool idea, ill have to try that.

Seems like the tubing is going too far into the bend of the hook. Rather, I should say that I don't take my tubing that far into the bend of the hook.

No jdaddy your wrong with that one there is plenty of bend left to hold a fish. I don't like taking it any shorter. Either way will work. Its basically a preference. I'm sure the ones you tie shorter catch fish.

only joggers

I don't care for the general patterns you tie, but I like the wire-in-tube's look, and I'm not sure if I've ever bothered to notice it before. Probably because regardless of effectiveness, these sorts of flies offend my tender sensativities.

That said, jdaddy's right. Your body goes too far down.

When I first looked at the pics, my thoughts were the same as gfen and Jdaddy. In my experience, you drop alot of fish when theres only 1/8th of an inch of bend. But I dont care. tie em how you like.

I have never lost a fish with them tied like this. That's just an excuse for guys not being able to control their fish.

I have never lost a fish with them tied like this. That's just an excuse for guys not being able to control their fish
You use those little flies for steelhead,tarpon,salmon and other"Hard to control" fish found in Pennsylvania waters?
Impressive-but wouldn't a nymph have to rigor mortis to be in that position-just asking.

I have never lost a fish with them tied like this. That's just an excuse for guys not being able to control their fish.

You've never lost a fish on that fly? You're good. Do you do private lessons? Seriously.

Leteras wrote:
Never???

YoughRiverGuide wrote:

You've never lost a fish on that fly? You're good. Do you do private lessons? Seriously.
Sorry didn't see your post.

leteres, i usually never feel compelled to respond to you with a jab, or personnal attack,( like many paflyfish members do) but saying youve never lost a fish with those is simply bs. why would you even say that? i know you can control a steehead to some extent, but the larger ones tend take over at some point( at least in my experience and observations) and either brake off or come unbuttoned, but im sure you have some "magic" tippet thats only available at your shop, that never breaks. you seem very ego-driven and i dont like seeing that on this forum or in fly-fishing.

Back