Midge swap

SBecker

SBecker

Would anybody be interested in a midge swap?

I'd be pretty new at tying, but in about two weeks I'd be game.

I will play , let me know

wet

YEAH!!! as long as it's after the Holidays i'll throw in for that.

I was thinking it would be after the holidays. Depending on the amount of people we get, 2 little guys per person?

Sounds great to me I'll have to look in my modern midges book

I would like to join in if after the holidays.

Cope....it's a fly swap where everybody exchanges only midges.

I will set the final date to sign up to next Friday or 20 guys? let you guys decide that.

I too would be game after Christmas.
So 2 patterns or just 2 of one pattern?
Chris

I too would be game after Christmas.
So 2 patterns or just 2 of one pattern?
Chris

I came up with one i call the "Pixel" i'll share that one with you , that would be two of the same pattern for all in the swap?

I was thinking two of the same pattern 2 diff sizes?

I'll be in for after the holidays...Sarah's therapy has been lax!

LRSABecker wrote:
I was thinking two of the same pattern 2 diff sizes?

How about 1 larval and 1 emerger/adult?

Cope wrote:
What a midge swap?

The best way I can explain it, is it's a cookie exchange, but using flies and with MEN! lol

Everyone ties up their own style of fly; one for every participant (in this case 2 different flies, 2 for everyone). Then they get sent to a swap master and they will split them all up and send them out from there. So everyone will get the same mixture of everyone's ties. It's fun and a good way to try new things.

On the main page of the fly tying thread there is a link to some pictures of past swaps. That is a great place to look for new patterns to try, recipies and all.

Ryan

WOW, thats cool! i may have to get in on this. The only prob is I dont have a special tie, mainly use pop midges and the standard larval and pupa stages. I may have to experiment and come up with something in the nixt couple days, if I find a winner and there is still time to join in I may join! I'll go develope something this weekend.

I'm in, got couple of patterns I want to try out!

The only prob is I dont have a special tie, mainly use pop midges and the standard larval and pupa stages.

I would suggest that would be fine, I mean hell they are midges.

Back