Fly Tying Hook Assortments

T

tailingloop

So I have recently started tying again after a really long (20yrs) break from it. I was wondering if any one sells a large fly hook assortment? I seem to only be able to find the vast array of shapes and sizes individually. I always seem to need a size or a type that I don't have and a large assortment would be nice. Any ideas?

Tailing,
Fleabay has listings that have multiple different models at times, make sure you buy the hooks that you will fish with.

Go to the Classic Fly Fisherman in Lansdale. They are very cheap and he has big grab packs of 100 hooks for a few bucks. You can get whatever you need for a fraction of what you'd pay at an Orvis shop.

Dub,
you know i didnt know Bob Selb sold hooks great idea.

There are two fly shop owners that post regularly on here (at least 2) . one of the 2 "Allen fly fishing" owns or operates or pays for this website. The other one is owned by sandfly My advice is to start with our own folks and i'll bet they can fix you up.

The classic Flyfisherman has a great hook selection, but an even better selection of materials. And at a cost of a lot less than anywhere else. Check them out.

Chief

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll have to go check out the shop in Lansdale. I was unaware that Lansdale even had a fly shop as there are so few of the brick and mortars left in our area.

Yeah that shop is awesome. On one hand, I do love to keep the place a secret because there is so much great stuff, but on the other hand, Bob is a great guy and I definitely think you need to support your local shop.

Plan on spending some time in there. It's like a fly fishing museum.

Back