Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Fall Patterns

great ties dudes. I agree on the addiction of tying streamers. I love smallie fishing(great fish to test on, they are generally rather mean), and coming up with new/interesting patterns. I agree with whoever said there is nothing wring with smaller streamers for fall/lower water trout. I like to tie a small pop-cycle type marabou streamer for smaller water trout. If I get a chance, I will post one up.

Posted on: 2013/10/27 4:14

From Central PA
So this is what I've been tying and fishing lately. Kinda messing around with a bunch of different tying products/materials to see what fishes the best. So far, the tan barred sculpin helmet fly produces the most fish, but is the least fun to fish due to size. Also, I was fishing it with 4x and if I didn't retie it every 15 minutes, it would break from friction with the hook eye. Not digging the fish masks a whole lot yet, but I should just tie more lead with them to fix that. Last, the galloup's sex dungeon works best in tan/brown as well. I like these a lot because they are cheap and fun to tie. I've only fished it once, and was very pleased, so this could be my favorite. I can't wait for some cloudy water so I can fish some white and yellow flies.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/10/30 8:36

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

From Ohio
bump it up to 2x Fluoro for those heavier flies and tie a non slip loop or Tarpon loop. Should help

I dig the masks, I've been throwing them with an intermediate or heavy sink tip line instead of weighting the fly or using split shot. They track nicely, however if you smack a cast off a rock or something, dont expect the fly to come back with the mask still on it.

Posted on: 2013/10/30 11:16

From Central PA
Yea thats not a bad idea.

Here's another

Posted on: 2013/10/31 0:14

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

From Ohio
Thats a wicked looking pattern. I really like those sculpins too. Simple and effective pattern. I havn't tied with the fish skulls or sculpin helmets yet, but I am picking up some for my winter tying sessions to replenish the stock lost this season, and definitely look forward to fishing them.

I've drawn up some sweet articulated junk using the skulls. Big ol' 7 inch trout steaks. I'm sticking a ten pounder next year come hell or high water lol

Posted on: 2013/10/31 8:13

From Central PA
Haha hell yea!! And thanks man. If those sculpin heads weren't so expensive (for a college kid) I would tie more with them. I guess when I use 2x I wont lose them as much so it wont be too bad. They produce fish thats for sure

Posted on: 2013/10/31 10:47

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

From Central PA
Gettin a little late for these but...

Posted on: 2013/11/12 11:24

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
148 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
4 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com