Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

Re: Did I hear flip say 2010 Steelhead swap?

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Believe me when I say, I am very appreciative! I would like you to take a ride with me down to TCO Bryn Mawr in a couple weeks to pick up supplies. Outdoorsman has a stack of what I'll need down there ready for me to pick up and would like you to be able to help me pick up a couple extras.

Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
OK Becker - Here's your vise. Not bad for free....

I've got some tools for you, too. You need to pick up a few, but I'd say around $10 should be enough to get the rest of what you need.

Time to tie some flies of your own.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 9:34

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Ed,

Does that fancy tying desk come with it?

Nope. Don't want to be in violation of the building code. Professor Becker will just have to use his kitchen table.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 9:51

From Chester County
LRSAB,

Ed is Da Man! Welcome to the world of fly tying. In your area Mainstream Outfitters has some tying stuff. You mentioned TCO in Bryn Mawr for tying materials. TCO in Reading is a larger store and has a whole bunch of fly tying stuff there. It might even be closer to you.

I advise you pick a few patterns you fish a lot and you want to tie (simpler patterns are best to start with) and just buy the materials and hooks to tie them. Master them and move on to a few other patterns. You will accumulate USEFUL tying materials that way without all the frilly fluff found in most tying kits.

Ask questions, post pictures, have fun. Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:03

From Bozeman
If you got to TCO bryn mawr, let me know and we can grab a beer. Ed has my number.

BTW, that vise is WAY nicer than anything I have ever had. You'll love it.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:05

From Lehigh Valley
Quote:

LRSABecker wrote:
Believe me when I say, I am very appreciative! I would like you to take a ride with me down to TCO Bryn Mawr in a couple weeks to pick up supplies. Outdoorsman has a stack of what I'll need down there ready for me to pick up and would like you to be able to help me pick up a couple extras.

I have most of the tools covered, but you can fill in the blanks, and grab some tying materials while we're there. I've never been to TCO Bryn Mawr, but TCO Reading has the best tying selection in Eastern PA. We need a TCO Allentown - Rt 222 is a PITA, especially on weekends. If the Bryn Mawr store has half of what the Reading store has, you'll be good to go.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:06

Quote:

afishinado wrote:
LRSAB,

Ed is Da Man! Welcome to the world of fly tying. In your area Mainstream Outfitters has some tying stuff. You mentioned TCO in Bryn Mawr for tying materials. TCO in Reading is a larger store and has a whole bunch of fly tying stuff there. It might even be closer to you.

I advise you pick a few patterns you fish a lot and you want to tie (simpler patterns are best to start with) and just buy the materials and hooks to tie them. Master them and move on to a few other patterns. You will accumulate USEFUL tying materials that way without all the frilly fluff found in most tying kits.

Ask questions, post pictures, have fun. Good luck.

Thank you Afish, your right Ed is Da Man! Reading is closer, but I have a friend that works at the shop down in Bryn Mawr and is dieing to meet the mythical Ed lol Thanks again for the advice and I am sure you will be giving me more of it as I progress with this disease I call fly fishing.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:09

Sound like a date Quote:

jayL wrote:
If you got to TCO bryn mawr, let me know and we can grab a beer. Ed has my number.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:11

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
Quote:

jayL wrote:

You're telling me Jay. Paint me jealous. I'm currently tying on some 1970's ish vise that probably is worth about $2 right now lol. Just hit my bonus at work though so some new FF toys might be in my future!

Posted on: 2010/9/17 10:40

Use code "paff" for 15% off.

HA,

Can we be friends?

Posted on: 2010/9/17 13:53

From Eastern PA
You know the thing that speaks volumes about Ed, is that he offered me that vise earlier this year before the LV tying jam. I had never meet him, never really spoke with him, just out of pure kindness and love of the sport. I lucked into a good deal on a Regal, so I did not have to take him up on his kind offer. I do use the bodkin cleaner daily though.

Posted on: 2010/9/17 19:57

From Washington, PA
Ummm...guys....I hate to break up the little luv fest...anyone signing up for the swap...Ry...you in...

Boss

Posted on: 2010/9/17 20:58

From Suburban Pittsburgh
Boss ties a really nice Slump Buster. Here's the photo from last year's swap.

I am tempted, but this is my busy time of year and tying just isn't in the cards right now. Sorry Boss.

HA, that's a stand up move on your part. What a nice starter vise that is and a fine display of sportsmanship as well as generosity. Kudos!

Attach file:

jpg  PA180058-2.jpg (415.31 KB)
100_4c9416c0e172f.jpg 1024X768 px

Posted on: 2010/9/17 21:11

From SW PA
I'm in. I post a pattern later this weekend.

JH

Posted on: 2010/9/18 13:47

From on elk creek fishing
I will tie what fly ever I catch my first fish tomorrow with.
Chris

Posted on: 2010/9/18 19:22

From Washington, PA
Thanks for the kind words on the slumpbusters...I couldn't believe all the campers I saw going north towards Erie last night...Just a few words of advice if you are traveling from the Burgh to Erie...79 is under full blown construction season...I sat in a long back up at the I80 interchange last night...heading north bound...

I hope there are some reports on water and fish...still need some major raindances in Southwest PA...

Boss

Posted on: 2010/9/18 19:28

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
78 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
2 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com