Chain Gang Eggs

djmyers

djmyers

these are some bead chain eggs. Top one is wet. What do you think? I have never worked with veil before and it is different stuff. Anything I should do to make them better?

Attachments

• Chain Gang eggs.jpg
    Chain Gang eggs.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 7
looks like it could be a lil more sparse but thats my opinion

Like the wood grain. Looks like a genuine mahogany, but somebody done went and stained it. Could have used a grain filler as well.

As far as the flies . . . bit blurry imo. #2 look bass worthy. if it was black.

Is there a reason why they're called "Chain-Gang" eggs?

gochs wrote:
Is there a reason why they're called "Chain-Gang" eggs?

I think they're made out of that chain material that holds pens to desk at say, somewhere like a bank.

Hey, would you want to do any fishing this week?

This week I'm stuck at work from 10 AM til forever. Monday was my day off, the other is Christmas. Looks like the next day I'll be fishing is next Wednesday. I'll be taking a buddy that's getting some fly gear for Christmas to Spring.

You're more than welcome to come if you're still in town/available.

Here is the egg revised. I don't like the single bead but was doing a sample for someone who wanted to see what it looked like.

Attachments

• Chain Gang eggs1.jpg
    Chain Gang eggs1.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 2
The wood is actually plywood. I work at a cabinet shop and it was extra or was damaged somewhere on the sheet. I bought the sheet and made my tying area with it.

Ya, could tell from the edge in the second picture but that is still a sweet mahogany veneer.

Back