Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Caddis Larva/Pupa

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Floss under body, pheasant tail with copper rib, green antron dubbing, and big daddy dubbing(has ruber bands in it for movement)

Posted on: 2008/3/19 6:57

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..

From Pottstown, PA
I started tying some of LaFontaine's cased patterens out of his book and they look really buggy and accurate. Time will tell if they work though.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 16:20

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
I thought it was a blend of different color dubbing you made those cases with......So.........i took a couple different drab twiggy colors of dubbing and put them in the blender to mix them good. It worked great when i learn how to get a good photo of a fly i will show you........now.........for the bad part, i forgot to clean out the blender before she can see. Between the feathers everywhere deer hair clippings,, griffen gnats stuck to her feet, she is going to leave. Boy was she pissed. I ended up cleaning the hole house today and making stuffed shells for dinner. everything is okay for now. till a BWO comes for a ride with me and ends up on here pillow. Oh one more thing she called the Land lord/Uncle and told him we should have a exterminator come in the spring, there not real thats me checking to see if they look real. i plant them here and there you know in the blinds, on high shelves etc. i must be doing something right i guess.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:17

From Dallastown, PA
Hey Yea-hoo....learn to appreciate the meaning of the word TOLERANCE....If she is willing to tolerate your "issues" be happy with that. Otherwise, keep your underclothes in the suitcase and your fly rods in the trunk. Otherwise you'll be out on the street, bro.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 0:01

From Chester County
You’re a real piece of work yea-who. Thank God I was single when I caught the FF fever. I scared away a few girlfriends – but that wasn’t really a bad thing.

Mo, gave you some great advice – keep a change of clothes and your FF gear packed and ready at all times, because you never know when you’ll be on the outside looking in...........or the fish are rising like crazy to a blizzard-like hatch on the stream!

Posted on: 2008/3/20 8:15

From Lock Haven, PA
I use a double bead version of a cased peaking caddis pupa. I use a smaller black bead and then a chartreuce green hot bead, wrap some black hen hackle, then either a peacock herl body or a dubbing blend of various woody colors (blacks, browns, olives). Sometimes the chartreuce green hot beads are hard to find in small enough sizes. I didn't do well on it last year but the year before I picked up quite a few fish on them.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 9:45

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com