Beginner Fly Box

TroutKilla

TroutKilla

I just started tying flies a few days ago. i haven't had much time to practice since its midterms week but i tried a few flies. I know their probably some of the ugliest flies anybody has ever seen. i hope i can only get better.

If anybody else got a fly box it would be great to see it! post it on here!

God Bless

,Ryan

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 8
Lots of good info on this site for beginning tyers. Just do a search.

Start easy. San Juan Worm, Green Weenie. Then basic nymphs like hares ears and pheasant tails. Try dries later. They can be tricky.

Tie a dozen of the EXACT same pattern, then move on. You'll figure out techniques better that way.

not bad ties i fish some flies that look worse than those just one tip though tie flies your way and when you get to the eye take 2 to 3 wraps off and practice whipfinishing away from the eyes do you can get line through the hook eye cause its no good if you cant get it to the water on the end of your line...

Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try

I do get a little close to the eye. Thanks a bunch for the info. I'll deffinately try what you said. Thanks

The more you tie the better thread control you'll have and you'll be able to proportion everything right.

Do I Need a Property Tax Lawyer?
I have Recently Buyed a new Farm House and Taxes on that is too high according to the actual price of that property, so to get reduction on my property tax. Do I need a Property tax lawyer?
Please Help…..

Back