Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
Thought I would share a baitfish pattern I've been tying recently.
The color combinations are endless; and the way its tied helps maintain a fishy profile in the water. Even better...its quick and simple.
1. Tie in bucktail.
2. Wrap body material (I used estaz) or dubbing 2/3 of the way up the shank.
3. Create a wide, ball-shape with your dubbing. This will help keep the next bunch of materials from collapsing.
4. Tie in some laser dub around the shank, fold it back, and secure with a few tight wraps.
5. Tie in marabou, and make a few wraps. Ideally, the feathers won't reach back quite as far as your tail. Secure with a few wraps, and tie off.
6. Repeat step 4 with a complimentary color of laser dub (or keep it the same), tie off, and whip finish.
7. You can be done here, or you can add some 3D eyes.
Posted on: 2/19 22:12
Re: Baitfish SBS
From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
perfect for when mullet are around. nice tie.
Posted on: 2/20 1:11
You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.