Adult stones

lv2nymph

lv2nymph

I'm revamping my stonefly box and want to try new patterns. What's you're favorite patterns for golden, little yellow and green stones? If ya got em I'd like to see a pic, thanks

one word: Stimulator.

sniperfreak223 wrote:
one word: Stimulator.

+1. I seem to think they tend to work better than the more natural, realistic looking ones that theoretically should be a better imitation. I suspect it's just because the Stimulator looks big and buggy...present it halfway decent and if fish are rising they'll take it usually.

For nymphs, I like the traditional stonefly patterns...and they're one of the few nymph patterns I don't like a bead on. I use shot to get them deep if needed.

Yea stimulator. I have never run into a large hatch of stones. I have run into yellow and green sallies, for which I use Cdc and Elks for.

Alright, thanks guys. I've never really run into a major stonefly "hatch" either, but I'm being thorough this time, like I've wanted to be every other time. :lol: Been eyeballing the clarks style but really how many different dries do you need for stones anyways? I've got some stimulators tied for the earlyer stones, working on the medium browns now. Wanted to see if anyone had some off the wall, haven't been seen in a while patterns to try. I'll tie some of those for the greens&yellows SB thanks. Jack

Back