2011 PAFF Swap

flyfishermanj

flyfishermanj

Well, February is fast approaching and I have spoke with last years host about the upcoming Official 2011 PaFlyFish Fly Swap. Bruno is got too many irons in the fire and so with his OK I will host the swap this year.
Looking for a theme so if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them. I am also considering a cap of 16 tiers, if there is a lot of interest this can be stretched a little. The deadline to sign up will be Feb. 1st and flies will be due in the first two weeks of March. The due date will be decided once we know how many tiers we have.
Once a theme is agreed upon, if there is one, you will only need to tie one fly of a pattern of your choice. You can submit more than one if you like, but this is not required. I will post the rules and directions once the swap is full or the deadline has passed.

JH

I am in...if my fly tying is deemed acceptable...

what about either a bugger swap or caddis swap...maybe adult and pupa/larve...be good to stock up on grannom look alikes...

I would suggest a hopper dropper combo but I am not quite that accomplished yet...

Boss

Im in just let me know what the topic will be

would possibly be interested but havent had a lot of experience at some types of flies yet so I would like to know what the theme is before I commit. Hope this doesnt sound to wishywashy

One swap down, another one up! I like it.

Theme.... I was going to suggest natural materials only, but that might be too challenging.

I doubt I'll have the time, but my experience is that doing away with the theme makes for a more enjoyable swap.

I am in .

im in depending on the theme i like jays idea but i like boss' idea too

I'm usually not that big on a theme, was just throwing out there in case there was one everyone liked.

JH

I'm definitely in. I'll second the all natural material challenge, but would be happy to participate in just about any type of fly swap.

I'm in too. I'll vote for natural material too.

Oh man, I opened a can of worms!

wsender wrote:
Oh man, I opened a can of worms!

If we do natural materials,
please don't send a worm on a hook. :-o

I'm getting pretty bored lately, I'm not really much good at tying consistant patterns but I do tie some big buggy looking stoneflies just using a turkey feather and dubbing.

im in. let me know what we are tying?

I'm interested depending how many get in. Natural material sounds good.

I would be in too! My cat has a great shade of rust that I would be interested in using for dubbing!

You don't want to use Maine Coon zonker strips...that would just be wrong...I am kidding...I have Maine Coons...

Boss

Do we have a winner on the swap rules...I don't tie as fast as most of you guys...is wire a natural material. Do I need to use horse tail hair to tie my flies instead of thread...what about beads?

Is the ban pretty much on synthetic blends/rubber legs/pugliesi stuff?

Boss

Back