2009 Swap - Sign UP

Bruno

Bruno

I am itching for a swap. I'll host. Who is in? Deadline for sign ups Jan 1st 2009. Flies will be Due Feb 15th.

One request, anyone willing to take pictures of the flies? I stink at it.

I post some rules a little later. I am not going to limit the # of tyers - all are welcome. We will split into groups if we have to. Please PM me if you are in. Please include your email in the PM.

I want someone to tie one or two of these.

or would it be a 2008 swap ?

Would you be willing to let beginners in? I only have a few patterns that I can tie comfortably but would be interested in getting in.

hey I'll be in. I was still debating about hosting, so maybe after I'm in this one I'll host one before spring.

Email... ryguyfi@yahoo.com

topic suggestions -

best creation fly - for those who love to use their imagination
favorite winter fly
go-to fly swap - fly you go to whether in a tough situation, or one that usually catches you fish

just suggestions though...

Go-To Swap sounds like a great idea, patterns that are productive throughout the state.

Bruno,

Did ya ever use the parachute green weenie? I might tie em for a swap, but I'd feel bad... not sure if they are actually usable. You have the only one I ever tied.

Oh beer. You help my fly tying creativity so much.

yes i did use the para weenie. used it meadow run and caught a couple of fish on it.

That made my day. Does the damn thing float?

I'm in for tying that.

Raven456 wrote:
Would you be willing to let beginners in? I only have a few patterns that I can tie comfortably but would be interested in getting in.

Raven anyone that is willing to step up to the plate is in. Remember flies that catch fish are better than flies that catch fishermen.

Count me in.

I'll also take the photos if you want...however I fear it was my poor photography for the midges that resulted in almost no one claiming their ties...so I make that offer with the disclaimer that someone else keep track of who ties what!

Just to clarify. There is no real theme to this swap. Although I would like to see how many folks can tie something up with unconventional materials.

I am going to tie a coffee bean beetle. I tied a few last night and they float remarkably well.

I am willing to give it a go, but you guys might end up with a fly that I use in New Zealand. Will have to see how well it works in the USA, but I have been told it does not matter where in the world you are a brown trout will know if it is worth eating.

I'm up for the swap. I'm thinking I might lean towards a dry fly as anymore all I've been tying is subsurface and I'd like to get back to some top water. Are we focusing on trout solely or can it be something for warm water?

I can also take the pictures if needed. I just got a sweet Olympus Stylus 1050 that has awesome macro settings. I can't wait to take some bug pics on the stream this spring.

I'll tie up a version of these...

It is tied from a thera-band that was torn during one of my daughter's physical therapy sessions...That should qualify as an unusual source.

Dave.

Now that's what I am talking about. Good stuff.

I have a black nymph pattern I made up that I was planning on tying for this. I use some easter grass as the flash back for it. Snagged a handful of the grass from my neices basket this past year and use it for all of my flash back patterns... works like a charm!

im in if there is still room -- sign me up

Count me in I'm up for my first fly swap :pint:

I'm in...

Back