2009 Fly tying symposium

sundrunk

sundrunk

Any one ever gone to one of these tyers symposiums? Got this letter in the mail for 09 symposium Nov 21 &22, looks interesting..I'd be more intrested in picking up some materails then any thing else..Altough I would like to meet Eric Stroup; he's got a really simple trico pattern that I like..

Where is it at?

I think it is in nj not far from interstate 80 if you type in nj fly syposium it will come up. Sandfly knows a lot about these things if he sees this he may respond

I'm looking at the brochure right now..Somerset NJ, Doubletree Hotel..$15. entery fee on Sat,,$12. on Sunday november 21&22

Ohh,ok. That's a little far for me.

I know what you mean, far for me too..There are so many things I'd rather do then make a two hour drive to Jersey...

Up for the week of. Really considering making the 5 hour drive ;\

its worth a trip, just get a room in one of the local hotels (google). some deals are not that good, but you can find some good ones. seeing the tyers and the demos is worth the trip..

I was going to definatly attend, but I'm not so sure now. I'm having oral surgery on Thursday, and have no idea what I'll be feeling come Saturday and Sunday, and not sure if I'll be up for the drive.

Is anyone from here planning on going?

gfen wrote:
I was going to definatly attend, but I'm not so sure now. I'm having oral surgery on Thursday, and have no idea what I'll be feeling come Saturday and Sunday, and not sure if I'll be up for the drive.

You want shotgun? I'm going Saturday. Maybe they'll have soup for lunch. ;-)

They give you really good pain meds after that kind of thing. This could be fun - it would be the first time I transported a bear in the front of my truck! :-D

Heritage-Angler wrote:
gfen wrote:

You want shotgun? I'm going Saturday. Maybe they'll have soup for lunch. ;-)

They give you really good pain meds after that kind of thing. This could be fun - it would be the first time I transported a bear in the front of my truck! :-D

I'll let you know Friday evening how I'm feeling, that dictates what I do Saturday morning. It takes some of the stress of having to drive myself out there and then having to dose up and try to drive home.

I've got your number 'round here, I'll let you know.. and thanks for the offer.

Gary - have no fears. I'd be happy to tailor the day around how you're doing. I don't care how long we stay, as long as I have a couple of hours there, I'm happy.

Easy drive from here - about an hour. Take care of yourself, buddy, and good luck at the dentist's office! Need anything - just holler. I get home from work @ 7am, so I'll be sleeping until around 2 or 3pm.

H.A.

He Guys,
I will be there all weekend tying and hopefully selling a few books. Just a note that I will be leaving C-burg around 0730. Planning to stop by the Little Lehigh for a few hours. Hope to be there around 1000. Will be in the parking lot across from the hatchery. Let me know if you want to fish.

Mike Heck

Hi Mike - What day will you be fishing the LL? I'd sure like to get the chance to fish with you.

H.A.

Be heading up on Friday morning. Should be there around 1000. Fish for a few hours and then head up to the show to set up. If you can let me know.
Mike

Hi Mike,

PM sent with my contact info and what I'll be driving.

There's just no way I'm gonna miss out on this! I may be bringing another member here if he can get the kitchen pass...

See you at the parking lot opposite the hatchery lot at 10am.

H.A.

Thanks H.A. for the heads up I will see you and Mike at 10 am in the parking lot.

Mike thanks for extending this offer that was very nice of you.

This really is a coincidence I've been trying to tie Mike's Midge Pupa the last few days. With not much luck I may add.

See you guys there!

Corey

Corey - Is your wife gonna join us - you know - the girl in your previous avatar? That'd be cool. Does she really fish in a string bikini? :lol:

H.A.

C'est la vie, too late to take advantage of this meeting now, but it was nice to meet you at the show, Mike.

So, did anyone from PAFF make it out there? I know LL made it out for a brief appearance, and Heritage Angler, aka "the Prince of the Little Lehigh" and I were both out there this morning.

Besides that, Firandfeather and Oldlefty were doing some tying. THis was the first show I got to attend, was a great time and a chance to pick up some cheap materials, as well. Y'all don't know what you missed.

Back