yellow Breeches

robkonowitch

robkonowitch

Anyone fish the yellow breeches? Looking for a starting point to enter

Just go to Boiling Springs and park at the lot near the lake. Walk down the path along the run and start fishing where the run goes into the Breeches...........have fun........

Thanks. Not familiar with the area. Do you have a landmark? I normally fish outside of Norristown for trout. Need to go closer to home here (grew up there and love to fish Skipback Creek)

robkonowitch wrote:
Thanks. Not familiar with the area. Do you have a landmark? I normally fish outside of Norristown for trout. Need to go closer to home here (grew up there and love to fish Skipback Creek)

GPS Coordinates:

40.147023,-77.125398

or

40.147836,-77.124145

If you can't figure out how to use GPS coordinates let me know and I will put in the physical addresses.

robkonowitch wrote:
Anyone fish the yellow breeches? Looking for a starting point to enter

If you look at the upper right corner of this page, you'll see a link: "Pennsylvania Trout Streams" - this is a good place to start your search and find directions.
I'll second Biggie's recommendation - that is the area where most fly fishers access the YB.

FI wrote:

If you look at the upper right corner of this page, you'll see a link: "Pennsylvania Trout Streams" - this is a good place to start your search and find directions.

lol

I've been posting here for a year and never noticed that. I could've used that the numerous times as i used to get lost looking for new locations to fish.

First, I'd go the the fly shop right on the lake and talk to Rowland. He's full of info. and will steer you straight. I was there a few weeks ago, all I can say is there's a lot of fish there.

Thanks to you all. I have 0 sense of direction so that really helps

caught my first brown trout there. about 14 inches. I just started fly fishing and that was the second trout I caught. its a fun place to fish

I fish this stream by play house one time and catch 3 good ones it is a nice stream with lots of trouts it is not hardto get there from 81 past harrisburg and park in lot and there is a big pond so you can not miss it.

If the weather is not crazy on Sunday.... I'm there

Caught my first trout on a fly today... thanks to everyone for the advice

First trout of many. But oh .... that first trout on a fly ...now the addiction starts. Let the games begin and the memories add up.

robkonowitch wrote:
Caught my first trout on a fly today... thanks to everyone for the advice

Hurrah! Congrats are in order. Glad PAFF could be of help.

Thanks. Longtime spin fisherman for trout.... But this was long overdue and wow...

And the winds were howling to boot, congrats.

Congrats on that first one. With the weather Sunday you were def. the man for fishing in that. That's the first Sunday I missed this year.

Back