Woodcock Creek, Crawford County

fishingnoob

fishingnoob

Ok dont hate me but this isn't actually a stream report...but I figured I'de post this here so I can get "stream report" info from you guys...anyway...plan on trying Woodcock Creek this week after work since its been recently stocked with rainbows and being that I am working in Meadville...just seeing if anyone has fished here before and knows of any hot spots...looking at the map it seems that Woodcock Creek Park is where to go...but I figured best to ask people who have been there and know whats what

Noob,
The Stream Reports forum is for actual, after the fact fishing reports. We prefer that inquiries about stream conditions or general descriptions of them go in the locations forum.

Not a big deal. This thread will be moved.

Thanks,
Dave W

It's stocked both above and below the lake, but I think it's only stocked below in the fall. I have never fished it in the fall though..

In the spring I have caught some trout by the footbridge in the park below the dam, so that would be a good place to start. I'm not sure if it's stocked farther down or not.

Directly below the dam down maybe 20 yards or so to a concrete thingy you have a chance at hooking up with a bunch of species, and I'm sure some trout. I've caught eyes, smb, crappie, perch, gills, different sunfish, and a musky. There's a lot of fish in there, but most run kinda small, and they are very picky because the place gets a LOT of pressure.

I fished there myself and it was packed with anglers. Now is the time to start exploring tribs to the Allegheny below Kinzu Dam for wild browns making there spawning runs. You should be willing to start at the mouths and cover at least 3 miles in an outing. This means running and gunning. You will be rewarded for the distance you cover. The walk back is the only bad part.

From what I have seen since the stocking, there are not that many fish. They are there and can be caught. Limit the area you cover. Most of the fish I have seen, caught, or seen caught were not far from the parking lot of the park.

Back