West of Landenberg ?

geebee

geebee

Hey fellas,

I'm moving out to Landenberg this weekend - what can I expect from the streams to the west of there - east branch of white clay, octararo creek, conowingo creek, Donegal creek, fishing creek etc ?

How do they fish in winter and summer ? - I've been fishing VC and the little Lehigh, how do they compare?

I'm not looking for spots, but any advice or tips will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks Nick - Pm'd you back.

oh, and in case anyone was wondering i'm 100% C&R. apart from grilling the odd undersized wild brookie...kidding.

Check PMs

So now even stocked streams are off limits to write about on this site?

Chaz, were actually having a secret party and your not invited that is why we are doing this by PM.

In all seriousness I would prefer to share my contact info through PM... is that okay with you?

For wild trout streams, check the wild trout stream list for the latest updates and keep checking back. Other than that, the Conowingo Ck has a Class A section plus there are wild trout in the upper end of the stocked section. You'll also find tribs to the Brandywines on the wild trout list. In almost all cases above private land ownership is involved, so you'll need to seek permission in those cases.

I do second contact info being held in privacy.

Mike is correct, the "list" is open access and I have researched some of those streams in depth. Should be some fun times!

-Paul

Thanks Guys.

I may get out this weekend to where mike suggested, for an hour or two.

once i get things sorted i'll sign up for the Donegal Creek TU, that seems the nearest & most active chapter.

Despite no state stocking this fall the Middle Branch White Clay Creek DHALO section (Good Hope Rd. downstream to confluence of east branch) has fished very well all winter and should continue to do so. Most in the 10-12" range, all stocked, predominantly brown trout but some rainbows and some larger trout also to be found.

There is a local fly club (White Clay Fly Fishers, search Google for website). The club meets at the London Tract Meeting House (next to White Clay Preserve office), 3rd Tuesday each month, 7 PM. The club is the reason trout fishing is so good in that stream section and deserves support.

DHALO areas are C&R right now so you should enjoy.

that would be January 21st i think.

i shall try and make it down there with my dues.

Back