West Branch - springtime trip

rhbuilds

rhbuilds

im looking to book a spring trip to the west branch for some browns. any recomendations on guides and places to stay?

I spoke with this lodge last year at the Somerset show. Didn't have the means last Spring, but this Spring its on. Believe I'll speak with them at the show and try to book something with John Miller in the boat.

http://www.westbranchresort.com/

I am going to recommend you stay at the Capra Hotel (cheap and clean) then go out with one of the guys from Borderwater Outfitters. Really, you can not go wrong with Coz, Joe Demeraldis (Orvis Guide of the year) or Brandon Alexander. There is a reason a bunch of us on here frequent and spend our money at Borderwaters. They will be at Somerset as well. A film that features them and the Delaware is being shown at FFT.

http://www.drakemag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=897%3Areel-a-day-on-the-river&catid=154%3A2012-films&Itemid=155

That's a preview of the film.

Yup. What he said.

Was on a trip with Joe Demalderis from Border Water Outfitters last year and he was superb. Also highly recommend Stefan Spoerri.
Have fun, it's a magical place. My favorite float in the East.

Thanks...I will be certain to check them out as well during the show.

some good leads

I've looked out at the parking lot from a nice clean room at Capra and out at the nice green lawn from a nice clean room at the DRC and I'll take the DRC. Very accommodating young guys in the shop and flies that are actually on the water. Good burgers at the new hotel in town and at Lydia's and good dinner at the Bluestone.

whats the drc?

Delaware River Club. Everything has a price.

Yea, if money is not an option, then the DRC or WBA are awesome places to stay. However, if you are going there to fish and just want a clean place to stay with friendly owners, follow my advice.

all good

Just camp on the main stem. Nothing better than a tent on the water :) float it yourself if your looking for cheap that how I do it in the spring

Smith's Colonial Motel is very nice as well.

Second John miller. Top notch guide and took great photos.

John Miller with West Branch Angler may be the best guide on the river, and he's a professional photographer. Gorgeous photos. Bruce Miller from the Delaware River Club is also an excellent guide. And I like Wayne Aldridge, River of Life, up in Deposit. You stay at his house, right on the river, and his wife bakes great banana bread.

i like banana bread.

Another vote for John Miller.

Would anyone be interested in teaming up to split the cost for a Spring time trip on the West Branch? I live in the SE PA area and would really like to get out on the this water. I'd like to book something at the show or shortly after. Maybe take advantage of a "show special" price.

We can discuss a plan.
matt.koloch@gmail.com

Hm? Wonder what West Branch, maybe the West Branch of the Schuylkill, WB Perkiomen, WB Clarion, WB Penobscot.......

Back