Trout Town USA

JVenezia

JVenezia

Trout Town USA in Roscoe NY. Has anyone ever been?
The end of this month I will staying at a cabin up there and wondered if it was worth the license and the 40 minute drive.

Any Info. is appreciated.

I've been there a few times during trips to the delaware river, which is only 30 minutes or so away. Didn't fish the beaver kill, but it is a really neat town. Quite a few nice fly shops.
And the fly fishing museum is worth a visit.

It's a nice town. Fly shops I like are Dette's (oldest flyshop in US), Catskill Flies, and Baxter house. Little Store has a nice collection of local flies in old time general store environment. Fly Fishing Museum is a good stop.

BTW, NY trout season closes Oct 15. Therefore, need to fish special regs areas like Beaverkill and Willowemoc No-Kill areas and border waters with PA. E Branch from Shinhopple down and Beaverkill below 206 are open to Nov 30. Be sure to check regs before you go.

Late Oct is past prime leaf season and fishing will be mostly nymphs and streamers - but olives are a possibility on an overcast day.

Nice town, and I like The Beaverkill Angler Shop. The rainbows have really moved into the Beaverkill. If you get a chance stop in to the Catskill Fly Fishing Museum. I will be up there this weekend fishing the Beaver, Willow, and East Branch.

I will be up there the last week of October any predictions where the fish will be moving to?

Florida for the winter?

Yea, uhhm they are not moving anywhere. The rainbows come from the Delaware system when the water cools down. You will find them in all the likely spots.

Wasn't sure if they drop out of the tribs or into them... Understand now.

Back