Trout Streams near East Stroudsburg?

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Because I am lazy and have y'inz at my fingertips, indulge me in the available trout streams near East Stroudsburg. My daughter just got accepted there for College and I will be making trips for the next four years I am sure. So I will go with fishing rod in tow.

PMs welcome too for those not willing to share with the world but with a worldly person. :-D

Wait for it:

"PM sent."

http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/bushkillcreek.html
http://www.flyfishingconnection.com/brodheadcreek.html
http://www.scout.me/fishing--near--east-stroudsburg-pa

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ry-TiUz9MtcC&pg=PA29&lpg=PA29&dq=trout+streams+near+east+stroudsburg&source=bl&ots=Wo0NEJ0-ul&sig=p7SeaAY8M9gj6FCDns3uZGKZcRo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=wPqPUsv1NNGPkAeU1IHYBw&ved=0CEcQ6AEwBDgK#v=onepage&q=trout%20streams%20near%20east%20stroudsburg&f=false

for a mere $19,500 plus $7,400 in annual dues you can fish the McMichael's for 7 days a year....

Paradise is a little more than that. but you get to fish Ernie schreiberts favorite stretches

ebroesicke wrote:
for a mere $19,500 plus $7,400 in annual dues you can fish the McMichael's for 7 days a year....

I didn't realize Beaver locked some of that up, too.

What stretch is his? I never thought McMichaels' would be worth quite that much....

not sure, but it is listed on the homewaters club website. its probably not worth it, except they sell the history.

Mo,
I'm less then 40 minutes from ESU, so any time you go there let me know and I'll either meet you, or tell you some streams. PM me if you like.

Well thanks all for your responses. I will be using your advice this summer/fall 2014 for sure.

Maurice wrote:
Well thanks all for your responses. I will be using your advice this summer/fall 2014 for sure.

Trout-A-Palooza on here......:oops:

The "D" is an "A" for SMBs up there with lotsa good places to wade or float in the summer.

I would guess between all your fishin' equipment and canoe, not much room left in the truck for furniture and clothing during move in.
:lol:

McMichael's was and has been a great stream. it has been written about in the history books on fly fishing. used to have some great hatches and wild brookies. I used to fish from rt. 33 up to the head waters in the 70's

afishinado wrote:
I would guess between all your fishin' equipment and canoe, not much room left in the truck for furniture and clothing during move in.
:lol:

More reason to visit, and since she won't actually want him around, more reason to end up fishing.

I don't know what stretch of the mcmichaels you're talking about?

The pohaquiline stretch? Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's now public(with a small catch)

Ohhhhhh....that crappy stretch by strawberry hill, but how much stream is that, 1000 yards? Big deal.

There's not much private water at all on the mcmichaels. I mean I own a small bit of it in the headwaters(4 linear acres), but besides strawberry hill and maybe below the appenzell, there's no long stretch of private water, so please guys, elaborate.

There is 2 properties up on strawberry hill road. One on both sides, so its a good piece of property if you can get access to it. Personally I've fished both. ;) There are some nice wild fish in the streth along with the the "hogs". Also, on the Mcmichaels down by the golf course is pretty good. -Kev

I thought Pohoqualine (sp?) owned most of Mcmichaels?

Way late Maurice:

If you can't find trout water near Stroudsburg, then I have lost all respect for you.

[An aside: one time, Maurice tried to give my son a couple dozen flies he tied because my son's "old man didn't know what he was doing." I took those flies from my boy and chucked them into the woods. He went and found three of them and out-fished me the next day.]

BrookTroutLover wrote:
I thought Pohoqualine (sp?) owned most of Mcmichaels?

The Pohoqualine owns the upper stretches of McMichaels along Rt 715. It's open to fishing for non members IF you live in one of the 2 selected townships. Some wild but a lot of stockers.

As a follow up and testament to the value of Paflyfish, I journeyed to ESU today for a field hockey tourney, After dropping my daughter at the field I went for breakfast. I texted someone on here who sent me a PM 3 months ago and within three hours he was taking me to numerous locations on the Broadhead and Pocono criks. I never got the rod out of the tube, it was windy and cold so I just asked my guide to show me as much as he could in two hours. I was not disappointed. In fact I was blown away.

To those who feel you have to drive around and waste time and gas to "earn" your access points. Phooey!

Hey its called networking. (prior to working the net)

Thanks again Walt!

Never thought Maurice would use his influence as moderator to get inside information. The Martha Stewart of PAFF! LOL

:-o

Attachments

• inside Sburg.jpg
    inside Sburg.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Back