Tobyhanna locations

jackstrawphilly

jackstrawphilly

Hi there,
I've the good fortune of borrowing a friends home on Lake Naomi next week and would like to try the Tobyhanna Creek.

Appreciate if anyone could share/pm me some choice locations/pulloffs to try. I won't be there again so don't worry about me being there every week!

Thanks!
Mike

from the out flow of lack on down through the special reg. area is good, there are a few spots marked private other wise its open. get a map and look for pull offs along the stream. used to fish back in the "swamp" way down from lake and caught some nice brookies in the channels. not sure if that stretch is open anymore though.

good luck

Thanks Sandfly
Could I bother you for a little more detail? I'm have not been able to find on the map the connection between the tobyhanna and Lackawanna. Thanks!

Tobyhanna flows into the upper Lehigh. I think Sandfly means outflow of a lake, of which there are several.

tobyhannafishing_zpsb1102dac.png

Might want to watch your step in that area.

Attachments

• danger.jpg
    danger.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 14
There is ton of public sections on the Toby. Just take 423 south from the town of tobyhanna. Check the PAFC website for the different stocking sections. I work in that area and seldom fish the Toby bc it's never impressed me too much especially the DHALO section. I'd recommend fishing upstream from the new 423 bridge. Wooly buggers work well there if there's not a hatch. Further down Kistler Run (trib to Toby) has lots of natives. Bring a short rod though. It sucks fishing!

Thanks all for the help. Having a great time didn't catch any above the bridge but a bunch below around the bend on various nymphs. Didn't see many flies or any risers but beautiful fish. I guess the blue spotted ones are brookies?
Thanks again!

Back