tioga county pine creek in august?

kenbo5733

kenbo5733

hey guys my family and I might be going to tioga county for vacation although it will be in august I was just wondering if anybody would have advice and what to expect maybe il fish pine creek, but for what in august?? any advice or previous reports would be great thank you

Pine Creek will likely be pretty warm.

If it were me, I'd toss poppers for bass.

all depends on the weather, if we get rain here once a week and cool temps pine will have trout and bass. if it is like last year then not even bass. can always fish the small creeks or tioga river for bass, musky, walleyes and panfish.. watch my website for reports around the area, since I am on pine creek..

I just feel like il probably be ending up fly fishing the brookie streams and maybe fish for smallies in pine creek, although I did hear about slate run being somewhat cooler but would it still be too warm?

Slate will have trout in it. Though it'll probably fish best first thing in the morning and late evening. If we have a dry summer and it's low, it could be difficult fishing.

Smaller brookie streams should fish well at that time of year. And the big water for bass. That'd be my game plan too.

if it's a dry season slate and cedar will have rattlers too. they come down for water and food.. Certain streams I stay away from during dry spells, to much buzzing in the under growth...

Back