Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: The Pine:Bottom of the Canyon

From South Lebanon Township, PA
If you're hiking down, you might as well take the rod is my take...only gonna add a few ounces to the weight. I stopped and took a look along Little Four Mile Run for some Brookies but didn't see any...it's on the nat repro list though, and makes a few nice pools on the way down. I didn't have a rod with me (was hiking time with my wife not and fishing time, as was explained to me), but if I did I woulda tossed a bug or two in there. Pine at the bottom is Pine at the bottom...we caught plenty of Smallies down by Tiadaghton in September, no trout though.

Posted on: 2012/10/26 11:07

From Ephrata, PA
There are trout in 4 Mile, for sure. Thing is, they'll probably be in the spawn when I'm there. Pine, you don't have to worry about that so much!

Posted on: 2012/10/26 11:11

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
4 mile is on the west side in colton point state pk. lots of brooks on the upper end and wild browns below the falls..

Attach file:

jpg  5-16-2010 052a.jpg (50.46 KB)
112_508b1ce5d6096.jpg 400X300 px

Posted on: 2012/10/26 19:21

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Yeah, Little Four Mile is on the east side, and the one I was referring to on the hike down the Turkey Path from Leonard Harrison. Much smaller watershed that Four Mile across the way, and although on the nat repro, I didn't see any fish.

Posted on: 2012/10/26 23:13

From LV
Troutbert is correct, we hiked down to the bottom on the Turkey Path about 8 years ago and it was quite difficult. The trail was actually closed, but we went anyway. The fishing was not good and that just made it worse.
They don't stock Pine in the fall except in the DH areas so that's another negative. I was up just this week, came back Friday, fishing even in the DH sections was slow for Pine. We did however catch a bunch of SMB's in the upper DH area on Monday. The wether has been all over the map, and water levels weren't over 100 CFS until late this week when they finally went above the 97 year mean flow.

Posted on: 2012/10/27 18:12

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
It's exercise, but the turkey path isn't really all that hard.

I've looked at but never fished Little 4 mile. 4 mile is pretty good though, cool hike once you get up in a ways. Brookie fishing can be pretty good, and browns mixed in (above the falls too) to keep things interesting.

Posted on: 2012/10/31 20:37

From LV
I'll have to go back and harvest some browns.

Posted on: 2012/11/1 15:50

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com