Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Tangascootac Creek

From Oxford, Chester Co., PA
Has anyone ever fished the Tangascootac Creek in Clinton County? I will be up that way in the near future and was wondering what I might find. You can contact me privately if you prefer. Thanks.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 15:38

Re: Tangascootac Creek

From Harrisburg
Dear Tups,

It's a mine crick

http://www.wbsrc.org/documents/TAG%20 ... _Biological_TAG_Final.pdf

You may find some fish here and there and fishing may improve over time, but in my opinion you would do better elsewhere.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2013/7/5 20:02
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Oxford, Chester Co., PA
Thanks Tim. I appreciate bad news as much as good sometimes.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 23:08

From Central/Upstate New York (Clinton)
Tups,

My camp sits on one of the trips of Tangascootac. The stream by my camp is called Mill Branch. It runs into the North Fork of Tangascootac which is a great little native brook trout stream. Tim is right about it being an old mine creek. My buddies camp sits on it and there are no fish around his camp. If you go towards the lower end of Tangascootac creek you will find some fish down there. They are working to clean it up though. Where will you be staying. Scootac road is not in great shape either. A lot of pot holes in it. There are plent of small runs and creeks in that area though. If you are staying at the lower end of Scootac you can drive up 120 towards Renovo and hit Baker Run. Call or pm me if you have any questions or need info about the area. I grew up just outside of Lock Haven and still have two camps on Beech Creek Mountain. Phone is 315-404-9811. Email is mattwolf@yahnundasis.com. Thanks and good luck. BTW absolutely beautiful country up there. Lots of bears as well on the hills around Scootac.

Posted on: 2013/7/6 10:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
What kind of streams do you primarily fish?
Approved Trout Waters (Stocked Fish)
Class A Wild Trout Streams
Special Regulation Areas
Wilderness Trout Streams
No Preference All Trout Streams
95 total votes!
The poll will close at 2014/4/30 15:00
3 Comments
USGS Water Levels

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com