Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Susquehanna at NePa?

While the Susquehanna smallmouth population is suffering around central pa., how are conditions around the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area? Is it also showing signs of a diminished smallmouth population? I'll be in that area next week for a few days and was thinking about giving it a try. Had success there years ago, but no results in my only outing last year. Better to focus on Lackawanna R. trout instead? Any tips for that would be welcome. Thanks for any insight you can give.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 22:56

Re: Susquehanna at NePa?

From Wayne County
Lackawanna River might be getting too warm for trout after last week's heat wave. A & G Outfitters in Dickson City will be open tuesday and they might have current temps then.

As of early last week temps were still good, low 60s in early am.

Smallies run up the lower Lack this time of year. You might try that.

If I get out to take temps I'll let you know.

check your pm.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 6:15

From Gettysburg
Quote:

guzfish wrote:
how are conditions around the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area? Is it also showing signs of a diminished smallmouth population?

No.
SMBs are thriving in the North Branch and PFBC studies reveal good populations of multiple year classes. This isn't to say that you'll have a fifty fish day every day you visit. Last summer, we had the PAFF warm water jam at Pittston and an entire flotilla of good FFers were skunked even though the conditions were good.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 8:11

From Luzerne County, PA
The smallies are there, try fishing in the evening. I've been on it twice recently and have only seen 1 or 2 white flies so far.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 13:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com