Stream Watch: Clarks

sipe

sipe

I wanna fish Clarks creek tomorrow, is it gonna be blown out? I know its a forested watershed so runoff isnt gonna be terrible....but I know some of you live close or have a lot of experience with Clark's. Keep me updated!

No, at least not with the rain we have had so far. Truthfully, I have never seen Clarks blown out to the point where it was not fishable except for the floods.

I live a mile away from it. It can and does get blown out other than floods. I will be driving by it early Saturday morning (7am-ish). If you want an visual report first thing Saturday morning, I'll post it for ya. I don't think we've had enough rain to really make it a mess but it should have plenty of water in it.

Any input early would be appreciated! I expect it to be only a little off color but not choc milky. Also, predict to be fairly high but might make for some decent nymph/streamer fishing.

Its low and clear. Come get it.

Now that's what this board is about, sharing info, not all the secrecy crap.

Thanks! I fished above the project water on a stretch that was new to me...plenty of fish but stream is so low a d clear its practically a waste of time to fish it. Saw a few bugs: abundant crane flies, a few sulphur, a few yellow sallies. Plenty of cicadas but none on the water.

"Low and clear" should not equal a waste of time to fish. It just means you have to adapt your tactics and go into "stealth" mode!

Well it just wasn't fun to fish.

I know exactly what you mean on Clarks. Long, flat sections of water, where when you exhale, the fish scatter.

Yep, I won't be back until there is more water. Beautiful morning though , and those cicadas have voices like angels ;)

"well it just wasn't fun to fish".

That's why I fish it once a year and live 5 minutes from it. It's a pretty place but the fishing leaves something to be desired.

krayfish wrote:
"well it just wasn't fun to fish".

That's why I fish it once a year and live 5 minutes from it. It's a pretty place but the fishing leaves something to be desired.

I love fishing in those low water conditions. It keeps the riff-raff off the streams....:oops:

Top 3 things I don't care for:

Bamboo
Clarks
Eating ice cream with a credit card

krayfish wrote:

Bamboo
Clarks
Eating ice cream with a credit card

You're really starting to make me think twice about the fact that I'm leaving for Clarks in 10 minutes. :)

I live right there and never fish it. It's pretty but there's waaasy too many other streams that offer better fishing. Hell, I won't drive 5 minutes after work to hit it even if I'm in need of a fishing fix. The area is beautiful, it semi-remote for being close to the city and it can be relaxing. IMO, not a great fishery....not even s good one. If you are going to drive 2 hours, there's 50 other streams that provide better fishing. I might dive in front of a bus for saying this but the Tully is better and closer.

I agree Krayfish. In fact most stocked streams contain hatches. Without the special regs. the trout don't see fly fishing pressure and are relatively gullible. Makes for excellent fishing around the state. I'm not sure why any fly fisherman would target such areas

ANDY! The TULLY???
Mmph... mmph... BAAARRRFFFFF.

Three of us fished Clarks the other day and probably brought two dozen to hand, all total. The water was low and clear and yes the fish in some areas are spooky. But there is fishing to be had, even in the slow pools.

I don't mind if people don't want to fish it though. That just means less pressure and more open stream! :-D

I will make this promise to you: I will never crowd you out on that stream. You've got a better chance of seeing a cougar there than seeing me there. By cougar I'm referring to the large cat. We all know that Clarks is littered with hot chicks in their 40's..LMAO

**disclaimer** I can not be held responsible if my nephew hounds me to the point that I take him there. I'll be easy to identify.... not fishing, not smiling and most time will be spent pulling the little guys stuff out of the tree branches.

Back