Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Stream Watch: Clarks

From Dauphin PA
I live right there and never fish it. It's pretty but there's waaasy too many other streams that offer better fishing. Hell, I won't drive 5 minutes after work to hit it even if I'm in need of a fishing fix. The area is beautiful, it semi-remote for being close to the city and it can be relaxing. IMO, not a great fishery....not even s good one. If you are going to drive 2 hours, there's 50 other streams that provide better fishing. I might dive in front of a bus for saying this but the Tully is better and closer.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 11:34

From United States
I agree Krayfish. In fact most stocked streams contain hatches. Without the special regs. the trout don't see fly fishing pressure and are relatively gullible. Makes for excellent fishing around the state. I'm not sure why any fly fisherman would target such areas

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:05
I am of the opinion that there is NOT one single population of wild trout that exists in our great state worth intentionally degrading for the benefit of any fisherman or any amount of money no matter how small the population.

From Harrisburg
ANDY! The TULLY???
Mmph... mmph... BAAARRRFFFFF.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 12:09

From Mount Joy, PA
Three of us fished Clarks the other day and probably brought two dozen to hand, all total. The water was low and clear and yes the fish in some areas are spooky. But there is fishing to be had, even in the slow pools.

I don't mind if people don't want to fish it though. That just means less pressure and more open stream!

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:14

From Dauphin PA
I will make this promise to you: I will never crowd you out on that stream. You've got a better chance of seeing a cougar there than seeing me there. By cougar I'm referring to the large cat. We all know that Clarks is littered with hot chicks in their 40's..LMAO

**disclaimer** I can not be held responsible if my nephew hounds me to the point that I take him there. I'll be easy to identify.... not fishing, not smiling and most time will be spent pulling the little guys stuff out of the tree branches.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 14:28

From Dauphin
Clark's really is not that bad at all. Sure it's low but you shouldn't have problems catching. Yes if ur driving two hours prolly not worth it but ur crazy if you think it's a bad fishery. Find some riffles and fish them. Was there for an hour or so and caught 2 browns one wild and one stocked and missed plenty more.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:02

From Dauphin
And for someone who loves big fish you'd think you would give it a go come the spawn

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:03

From Chester County
Quote:

Squaretail wrote:
ANDY! The TULLY???
Mmph... mmph... BAAARRRFFFFF.

^ I agree.....no contest at all. Clarks has way more fish, way more fishable water, is way prettier, is way less crowded, has more hatches, better temps in the summer, and has wild fish mixed in with the stockies.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:22

Surprising comments here...was at Clarks for the first time a few weeks ago...did well, did very well.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:25

From Dauphin PA
Phish

Wait a second....who said I like big fish? I probably did. Lol. As for your spawn....... Ive been there several times over the course of several years. Either I don't know what a big brown looks like or I'm completely blind. I'll vote for blind. If you care to prove me wrong, yell up over the hill. I'll come pick you up and supply the beer.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 15:39

From Lancaster Co.
Clarks used to be my favorite "local" stream. A little over an hour drive if I floored it up 283. I think it's a pretty stream. Some decent hatches if you hit it right and always the option of terrestrials in the summer months. It does stay cold and has some wild fish. I will say it is somewhat featureless and has become even more so since the giant log jams formed after the flood. Some of the better stretches in the FFO have filled in with silt. When the water is low, the fishing is very tough.

It just doesn't appeal to me that much anymore. When I get to Dauphin I might as well keep going west on 322.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 16:10

From York, PA
Well, I have fished some really nice sections before on Clark's. I have fished it regularly got the last 7 yrs or so....but the sections I fished on Saturday (one section was downstream from App Traill) were featureless, slow, boring, and frankly sucked. I have had 20+ fish days here (bait) but these slow sections just sucked. Too many other good streams to mess with it. I'm sure ill check it out at least once this summer but for now...nope.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 21:04

Quote:

krayfish wrote:
Top 3 things I don't care for:

Bamboo
Clarks
Eating ice cream with a credit card

Since the first two are among my favorite things in the world, I may have to try eating ice cream with a credit card.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 22:45

From Dauphin PA
PM tilt. He will walk you through it. I wish I would have thoug ht quick enough to snap a picture of it. While we're at it, add #4......driving 2 hours to catch fingerlings.

Posted on: 2013/6/11 22:58

From Southeastern Pa
there are tons of poisonous snakes up there too!

so just to recap:

low and clear
spooky fish
no cicadas
waste of time
and poisonous fish

man I don't think I'd like fishing there

Posted on: 2013/6/11 23:45

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com