Spring creek.

marcq

marcq

Just wanna see if anyone has been to spring recently.what the conditions like? I'm heading there this weekend to visit a buddy at school. I plan to fish at least. once. And will the fly shop be open on sat? I'm assuming they will but it's gonnabe a big weekend up there so I'm not sure.

Marc

FFP is open on Saturdays, but not Sundays.

Haven't been there recently, sorry. Would expect tricos to still be going, though the spinner fall may be getting later and more spread out with the cool weather, thus more of a muted fish response. Terrestrials I'm sure are still in play after the dew burns off. Perhaps BWO's starting up, but might still be too early. Always a few caddis fluttering about. But fall is an excellent nymphing time anyway you cut it. And if a storm brings up the water, throw black sculpins around.

Check out the weather. Big storm due there for the next couple days. will likely have big effect on flows

I took a walk along the stream yesterday afternoon, above the Paradise.

Flows are low right now. But I saw some trout rising to something small and light colored. (How's that for detailed entomology?)

If we get some of that forecast rain, that should improve conditions.

Sounds good. I looking forward to getting on a good stream.

I was just guiding on Spring this past weekend. Blue Quills, BWO'S, and Sulphurs/Cahills were coming off. Best time was mid morning. Evening was okay but morning was better.

Back