Southern york county class A

D-Rock023

D-Rock023

Does anyone have any experience fishing rambo run and i coulden't find the name for the other stream just s of that north of stewarstown in york,pa? Not trying to spot burn was just wondering if anyone knew anything. Looking for some places to fish in my area.

I believe that Rambo Run is posted. There are plenty of streams in that area. Most of the stocked streams will have a few holdovers/wild. If you are that far down, you might as well explore Muddy Creek. You might be surprised.

ok thanks, I saw on the pfbc web site that it and another stream by there is class a so I was just wondereing. I am planning on hitting up muddy creek friday. Can you recommend anywhere on muddy creeek? Should I try the fly fish area, or somewhere below there?

I did fish Rambo run last year. It is all on private land and one section is posted by the rambo run club. I started at the bridge near the intersection of Trout School Road and Lentz Road. There is a house right there and I asked for permission to fish and they also told me I could fish on another landowners property. I could fish upstream about 100 yards and 300 downstream before I ran into the club property. Lots of fish but it is pretty tough fishing. Downstream, you will run into some big stockies that swam upstream from the club but lots of wilds throughout the creek.

Here is a rambo run brown:
2012-05-28110107.jpg

D-Rock,

What is your schedule on Friday? I am also planning on getting out and haven't decided where yet, but Muddy was on my list. I have a concrete delivery that I need to get poured about 10:30. I figured I should be done by 12. If you want to meet up let me know and we can work something out.

I tend to favor the FFO section of Muddy. Visit the Muddy Creek TU website and check out the parking areas.

Steve

Hey, thanks a lot for the information Grouse11, appreciate it. And Stevie-B my schedule for friday is something like leave sometime around nine to head out to muddy and I have to leave to come back by no later than around 4. Myself and another member from the forum Ronb who has been helping me get started in fly fishing are going out. We've only decided on muddy creek so far, no specific area yet. Probably fly area because I've never fished it.

We will go to the fly stretch first and see what we can get into. Then maybe checkout downstream or upstream if we have time.

Orson Run has a nice population of wild trout as well as possibly still being stocked by a co-op nursery. The wild trout population is better as you get closer to the mouth.

If Rambo seems small to you, then the Class A unnamed trib to Rambo and Orson Run will not be your cup of tea.

The "other" Fishing Creek, meaning the unstocked one near the Md border has a fair population of wild browns and is larger in size. Will need to ask permission to fish as there is substantial posting, but I would not hesitate to ask. The stream has never been a stocked trout stream so the posting is not likely to be a result of bad interactions with anglers.

RonB and D-Rock,

Just a heads up - with the warm weather leading up to Friday. make sure you check the water temps in Muddy.

Steve

Back